Forums Latest Members
  1. omt2619 Sep 20, 2019

Hello all,

I purchased a 33mm vintage omega that wasn’t running well and as I’m not a collector per se, I decided to send it off to omega for a full service. Due to some parts that needed to be replaced, it ended up needing to go all the way to Switzerland. (I’m in the USA). Long story short, I also ordered the extraction of archives just for fun but received an email from my boutique not long after receiving the watch from omega that said they couldn’t locate the archives.

My question is does that at all call in to question the authenticity of my watch? I think probably the dial is definitely aftermarket ( I’ll post some photos) but I can’t imagine omega would work on a timepiece that was fake. I’m just a little nervous now.

Also I don’t want to open the case back at risk of messing anything so I don’t know the serial number but on my receipt from the boutique it says SERIAL NBR SA27- - - 130 - - - - As I’m not well versed on vintage omega I’m not sure if that number seems like a typical serial number or not.

Sorry for the long winded post. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

FF612726-3481-4749-BCC5-14799497A6A1.jpeg F6B1893D-456A-43E5-AE30-5A1210F5E1B8.jpeg
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 20, 2019

You need to ask what serial number they tried to run. But there are cases where they no longer have the info.

they serviced the watch so it’s real. But the serial should be just a number. Do you have pre service pictures?

omt2619 likes this.
  3. omt2619 Sep 20, 2019

Thanks for the reply. I’ll call the boutique back and track down the serial number then. Unfortunately I don’t have any pre-service pictures. Also, do you have any ideas about the dial being re-dialed? I’m not sure what indications I should be looking for that distinguish a dial as being an but I thought it was strange that nothing else is written on he dial besides omega and Swiss at the very bottom of the 6 o’clock position. On that note though, the applied logo on the dial does look pretty good compared to some of the horrible examples I have seen online and here in the forum.

Thank you.

4. simonsays Sep 20, 2019

Omega service franken watches, so thats no guarantee of correctness. Just means it has an Omega movement.

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 20, 2019

Not if the case is not omega...

@omt2619

that to me looks like a new dial from Omega. And as such a redial. I don’t that that dial came on watches with drilled lugs.

omt2619 likes this.
  6. simonsays Sep 20, 2019

There is a watch on Chrono24 now with a fake case that has been serviced and the case refinished by Omega with a red card. The service centre cannot be expected to be vintage experts.

KingCrouchy likes this.
  7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 20, 2019

Right then he would have gotten a different message. The movement is obviously omega to be serviced.

he got no record of serial, not a case mis match.

also the watch you are mentioning appeared to be a foreign market case that was fake. This is a little different.

8. omt2619 Sep 20, 2019

Okay cool. I ended up getting the serial number from the boutique today. They also told me everything looked good with the watch. I’m going to do some google searching with serial number to find out if I get any more info about it.

One last question if you guys don’t mind? How much does it hurt the value of the watch to have a re-dial? I kept all of the other original parts that omega sent back after the service but the dial was the one on the watch when I purchased it.

Thanks for all the info everyone.

9. omt2619 Sep 20, 2019

10. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Sep 20, 2019

Looks like a service dial to me. The lettering style is more modern than the rest of the watch. That said, it IS a factory dial, which is better than a crappy redial from a refinisher, right?

Is it 100% original to make colletors drool? Not even close. It is quite attractive, however, and factory serviced. It still has some value.

Tom

kkt, omt2619 and Foo2rama like this.
  11. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 20, 2019

omt2619 likes this.
  12. omt2619 Sep 20, 2019

Okay thanks everyone. Really appreciate the timely responses.

13. Mossback Sep 20, 2019

The only truly important thing is, do you like it?

omt2619 and kkt like this.
  14. omt2619 Sep 20, 2019

Agree. It’s the near perfect dress watch for my small collection so I’m happy with it.

KingCrouchy, Foo2rama and DaveK like this.
  15. simonsays Sep 21, 2019

No record is what omega often state if your movement does not match the case, and you have provided case details. I think it is quicker to run the movement number against a know case number than to try and track down using just the movement. If it does not match that is as far as they go with the search.

Although as this appears to be an old watch it may well be in the category of missing records.

Edited Sep 21, 2019