Forums Latest Members
  1. lonwil Sep 7, 2012

Hello folks. Newbie here. I have made the transition from HE quartz, to new Japanese automatics, to the world of vintage manuals. I have no idea why it took me so long to realize they are what I was looking for all along. My small collection has recently added a 1954 Longines Automatic and I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of a black dial Cyma bumper from the late 40's. Omega Seamasters and Constellations have my attention and I will have one (or 3), but I want to take my time and get a good one. You guys seem pretty tolerant of "what about this one?" questions so... I like a lot of the two tone dials, and keep checking out this one - it would not be "The One", but more of a sibling if you know what I mean. I am in a self imposed cooling off period so I am not considering it, but I am curious if this watch is as interesting to afficianodos as it me? I like the cross hairs and the gold numerals and the unusual art deco font of the numerals. It lacks the sea monster on the back which is a minus for me. Thoughts and critiques would be appreciated.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/23084681842...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_1208wt_1289Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. bob martian Sep 7, 2012

IMHO the watch is priced to high. The dial is not authentic, it has been redone. The second hand does not match. Also, I find it alarming the seller did not include a image of the movement. There is a picture of a movement, but why not a picture of the movement in the actual case? Aesthetically the watch is very nice, an Omeggo.

3. lonwil Sep 7, 2012

Thanks. I won't be surprised if it times out without a bid, then maybe come up again at a lower starting bid. You are right about the movement pic, almost looks like a stock image.

4. bob martian Sep 7, 2012

Very weird choice using that movement pic. Maybe they just forgot to take one and used that stock image instead. Because the dial is not authentic I would think $250 maybe, but it is definitely not the worst redial I've seen. Actually looks cool.

5. ulackfocus Sep 7, 2012

Nice 19A in your avatar.

There's a picture of the movement in the listing. Maybe they just added it. It's an incorrectly refinished dial on an otherwise half decent watch. Most two tone dial Omegas are cream and silver or white and silver. Black and white original dials are pretty uncommon, being offered only on a few models.

6. lonwil Sep 7, 2012

Thanks for the compliment on my Longines. She is a sweetie. More patina to the dial than is eveident in the pic - pic makes it look white. I really like those cream two tones. I am wating to steal one off ebay that goes unoticed by the herd. I have only seen two of the black and white's and both are up for auction now. The second is a Swedish military issue that seems to have some provenance - $775 (0 bids).

7. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Sep 7, 2012

Could be that the movement picture is from a prior seller, but one never knows.

The shipping location is right in the little village around my office, but I'm not familiar with the seller.
    gatorcpa

8. lonwil Sep 10, 2012

Sold for $420.