Forums Latest Members
  1. arajohn Feb 3, 2017

Hi everyone,
    Could I get some thoughts on this watch? What would be a fair price to pay on this watch? Does any part of this watch not look original? The BIN price is 570, but there is a best offer price.
    Here is the listing description:
    Omega Turler, 131.019 cal 601 hand winding fully serviced , mens vintage 1962

authentic condition - unpolished

Case; stainless steel used, normal wear; there are various light scratches but nothing major, overall very good condition, unpolished,
    Dial; Turleroriginal, excellent condition,
    hands, crown:original, very good condition,
    glass; original, perfectly clear,
    strap: generic, buckle: original

The hand winding cal. 601 has been fully serviced and works fine with accuracy.
    Left to right is approx. 34.20mm (excl. crown), up to down 39.00mm between lugs 18.00mm

Thanks in advance,
    AJ

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. arajohn Feb 5, 2017

Bueller? Bueller?

3. Davidt Feb 5, 2017

570? Pounds, dollars, cats?

4. arajohn Feb 5, 2017

Sorry, dollars

5. cristos71 Feb 5, 2017

I like it, with that very understanded dial in lovely condition it's quite a classy piece.

The case looks good too with a nice sharp bezel. I'm no watchmaker so can't comment on the movement.

The price is quite high IMO for this kind of watch but the condition does to an extent warrant that. However I do think somewhere between $450 and $500 would be a more realistic selling price.

6. arajohn Feb 5, 2017

Thanks very much for the input!

7. Davidt Feb 5, 2017

Yeah I don't think the price is a million miles away but slightly high.

I'd want to check the condition of the rear of the case. In one of the pics it looks like it's been damaged by someone opening it with a chisel.

8. arajohn Feb 5, 2017

Ok, thanks David, I appreciate the feedback. I like this watch a lot, very simple.