Forums Latest Members
  1. Newton Feb 16, 2017

Dear all

I found this site while I was looking for some more information on my Omega Trésor and thought I'd join as I was really impressed by what I read and thought I might be able to get some information on my beloved Omega.

I belonged to my father in law, who recently passed, and it was given to me by my sister in law as he hadn't worn it for many years.

I have received some information from Omega archives which correlates to what I know of the watch.

It was a wedding present from my mother in law to my father in law. The watch is dated December 1960, 18 ct gold. The "machine" has number ETA 267, and the "case" number 2894 4.
    I had it serviced last month by the only Omega dealer here, didn't cost much, though. 60€. The crown doesn't have any markings on it. I am not sure whether it did or not before servicing.

I am looking for general information, thoughts, authenticity, estimated value, anything really.

I would die before I sold this watch as it is priceless and I love it as much as I loved the man who owned it before me. (I'm a soppy git, I know)

I would be so very grateful for any information.

Many, many thanks in advance for you views.

Omega Trésor 18 ct 1960.jpg Omega Trésor Archive Certificate.jpg
    Seaborg likes this.
  2. U5512 Feb 16, 2017

Looks like a nice vintage 18k dress watch. Congrats on the heirloom piece!!!

3. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Feb 16, 2017

For estimated value you can look on eBay for completed listings. For authenticity you have an extract of the archives, not sure what more you want or need.

4. Maybe Feb 16, 2017

Really cool to order an extract! Tresor was launched in 1949 and Omega made a reintroduction in 2014, at contemporary 40mm. I think Tresor is a good vintage "buy", depending on condition of course.

5. Newton Feb 17, 2017

The watch runs perfectly well, there are some very fine scratches on the glass, apart from that, it's in perfect condition.

Did it originally have anything on the crown? During the service they said that it had to be changed, so not sure they used an original part.

6. Newton Feb 17, 2017

I'm not quite sure either, if I'm honest.

A critical eye, I suppose. An experts point of view, if there is anything out of place.