Forums Latest Members
  1. Marlowe Oct 3, 2015

I collect the odd timer. Here's a ratrappante timer from Omega. Anymore out there?

[​IMG]

TNTwatch and kyle L like this.
  2. tdn-dk Oct 3, 2015

I have a few, but just ordinary Omega Timers, would love some Olympic Timers :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TNTwatch and Giff2577 like this.
  3. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Oct 3, 2015

...I have a few...

4. Marlowe Oct 4, 2015

That's a great collection you have there. I particularly like the black crackle finish timers - so here's rather fewer of mine. One of them is a split timer and I managed to get hold of red stands for all of them.

[​IMG]

The split timer came with its box and instructions...and a lanyard for pretending to be a coach

[​IMG]

and here's another large split timer without the 'OLYMPIC' designation on the dial

[​IMG]

There's one more Olympic timer but it's of a completely different look and size so will post later...

Thanks for sharing all those beautiful timers...glad there are more collectors out there.

Edited Oct 4, 2015
    TNTwatch likes this.
  5. saxoo Oct 6, 2015

IMG_1264.JPG

How about an early electronic? :)

According to the literature, the swim-o-matics were the first fully automated electronic timers for swimming contests, in use from the 1968 Olympics. This particular one I aquired recently is the model OSM4 from 1975, the curiosity is that it measures the 1/1000th of a second which was later abandoned....and btw. it's in working order but unfortunately I couldn't figure out how to simulate properly a contest

S

6. Marlowe Oct 6, 2015

That's a nice piece of kit. I love anything that broadens a collection....thanks for showing.

saxoo likes this.
  7. Tom Dick and Harry Oct 12, 2015

I've got a few Omega 4.19Mhz LED timers, great pieces of kit!

8. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Oct 12, 2015

Very cool stuff! Here's an interloper from the '64 Tokyo Olympics. Times to 1/10 second, and at 36,000 bph!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]