Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Suverän Ref 2400-3 - 30T2 - Black dial - 35.5mm

1. Northernman Lemaniac Jan 9, 2019

IMG_7700.JPG

I have up for sale a great looking Omega Ref 2400 "Suverän".
    The watch has been lingering in one of my boxes for some time, and deserves a new and caring home!
    My watchmaker, and fellow Omegaforums member @Mitka has taken the watch in for a pre-sales inspection, and as a result the watch is offered FS with a 6 months mechanical warranty.
    More images and details on the watch offered here: https://mitka.co.uk/omega-black-dial-swedish-market/

The Suverän model was uniquely sold in the Swedish market during WWII. There are several posts on these desirable 30mm watches on OF. @tdn-dk started a great thread back in 2014 here:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-officer-and-suverän.15962/
    IMG_7125.JPG

Case: 35.5mm Stainless steel case with screw-down caseback in very good condition.
    Signs of marks as should be expected for a 1940s watch. The original lead caseback gasket has been kept as I thought this was a cool reminder on how watches at the time was protected.
    Traces of light engraving in the middle of the caseback as seen on the pictures.

Movement: Cal 30T2 in great condition. It runs well, and was serviced by @Mitka (WatchGuy) a couple of years ago. Mitka has looked the watch over, and the watch is sold with a 6-month mechanical guarantee.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Dial and Hands: The dial is original and lovely patinated.
    Original hands in good condition.

Crown: Unsigned crown.

Strap: The watch comes "head only", or on a generic leather strap.

Pictures are an important part of the description, please view them carefully and let me know if you need any more.
    See also https://mitka.co.uk/omega-black-dial-swedish-market/ for more detailed pictures!

I am asking GBP750 net. PayPal or bank transfer. Payment and shipment to be agreed.
    Contact me for more details/pictures. I entertain sensible offers.

It is a vintage watch, so it comes with no guarantees related to waterproofing or similar.

Returns are only accepted if the watch is not as described / pictured.

The watch is located with my watchmaker @Mitka in the UK. I will always do my best to assist in keeping shipment costs and fees as low as possible.

Please see my seller references in this forum, or ask if anything is unclear

Edited Jan 9, 2019
  2. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Jan 9, 2019

I could contemplate coming out of retirement for this one :thumbsup:

Northernman and merchandiser like this.
  3. KingCrouchy Jan 9, 2019

Gorgeous Piece! Really tempted.::love::

4. Northernman Lemaniac Jan 10, 2019

You tease! ;)

5. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Jan 10, 2019

As a veteran, I have collected military watches, wouldn't a "peace" watch be just as historical?

My financial focus is elsewhere or this would be SOLD!

However, I would be able to give my personal IOU if payment plans can be considered.

This is a historical piece of Omega during the war. I would love to have this beautiful watch and a Wermacht Omega to display with my U.S. Army 2179.

Edited Jan 10, 2019
    Northernman likes this.
  6. Northernman Lemaniac Jan 11, 2019

Loads of interest, and some very kind comments from you all!

The watch is now OHPF. Thanks a lot OF!

:thumbsup:

7. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Jan 11, 2019

Great news :thumbsup:

8. Northernman Lemaniac Jan 11, 2019

Keeping temptation at bay?
    :D

9. CdnWatchDoc Jan 11, 2019

You are only saying this because temptation has been resolved...until I post it on the WRUW!!

gostang9 and UncleBuck like this.
  10. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Jan 12, 2019

You were my prime suspect, lovely :thumbsup: