Forums Latest Members

Omega strap : exact dimensions for deployant ?

1. Fost Sep 20, 2018

hi ,

I was wondering if someone could give me the exact dimension of the omega strap for omega deployant (both single and butterfly ) ?

Long brin and short brin mostly ...

Thanks !!!

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 20, 2018

What size deployant , they come in 16,18, 20.
    They are also made of different materials, Steel, gold, titanium

3. Fost Sep 20, 2018

18 and 16 but I dont think it will change the strap length right ?

I would like to know how much the short brin is shorter compare to conventional strap

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 20, 2018

Strap lengths vary between strap models, so there is no universal answer. If you know what strap you are considering, then I can look up the dimensions.

5. Fost Sep 20, 2018

If you can just pick one or two just to check the length it will be very helpful thanks (you can choose what you want )

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 20, 2018

::facepalm1::

yinzerniner and southard like this.
  7. Fost Sep 20, 2018

I understand what you said
    But I am not sure you understand what I mean (sorry for my English ) ... I just want to know the length ratio between long and short brin when you wan to put a deployant strap. I am assuming it should not vary that much even if the strap style is different ...

8. alam Sep 20, 2018

Fost likes this.
  9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 20, 2018

The lengths of the short and long sections do vary depending on the strap model...

You are asking for "exact" dimensions, so that means you need to tell me the "exact" strap...

10. Fost Sep 20, 2018

I don’t understand why but here is some strap ref if you can look at the data base :

Black alligator : 98000245
    Dark brown calf : 98000462

Thanks for the help

11. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 20, 2018

Why they differ is question I can't answer, but the key thing to understand is that they are not all the same. In this case both straps you have asked for are the same, so...

Regular - 105 +100
    Long - 115 + 110
    Short - 90 + 95

But yet another strap I looked up recently was quite different...

Regular - 108 + 105
    Long - 118 + 115
    Short - 98 + 85

You can't assume these will all be the same dimensions.

Fost likes this.
  12. Fost Sep 20, 2018

Thanks very much it is very helpful.
    The 98-85 is strange (maybe it is 95 ?) but it looks like there 3 to 5 mm difference between long and short !!
    Thanks very much !!!

13. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 20, 2018

No - those are the dimensions...this is why you need to be specific as I said in my first post.

But people seem to love to argue with me when I'm trying to hep them...

Edit - okay just saw this and now it all makes sense...you just needed dimensions to make straps to sell...

https://omegaforums.net/threads/hand-made-crocodile-strap-20-18.82530/

Edited Sep 20, 2018
  14. Fost Sep 20, 2018

I need dimensions because people asked me to do strap for them for deployant... I don’t see where is the issue here. I don’t argue against you, it is just to understand because it doesn’t make sens to me to change the strap dimension based on the style ... it only depends on the wrist size and the buckles type .. but thanks again for your help.

15. yinzerniner Sep 20, 2018

I was just going to post something like "buy a used one for $30 and measure it yourself."

I love it when people ask for help, and when you ask for details to help them they get all huffy.

Also to the OP - even on the Omega Extranet it'll never tell you what the other more important specs are as they too vary. Specs like:
    -Hole to Hole distance
    -Thickness of strap at clasp end
    -Thickness of strap at holes
    -Thickness of strap at lug end
    -Location of taper
    -Amount of taper
    -Gradation of taper
    -Spacing from strap end to spring bar hole
    -Length from strap end to last hole
    -Length from strap top to first hole
    -How different materials wear larger or smaller based on strap design and material properties
    -Water resistance
    -Padding material and amount

However every single one of those answers can be found by either buying and measuring it yourself or doing searches for questions others have asked about the straps.

16. Fost Sep 20, 2018

Hey mate keep cool .
    Everybody ask information on this forum and I am the first trying to help when I can so please keep your kind words for you. My questions were always done nicely with respect. I never ask about anything else that 2 dimensions ...

17. yinzerniner Sep 20, 2018

If you're making a custom strap then as stated the other points I brought up are WAY more important than simply the two-dimensional X and Y dimensions.

Get the taper wrong, clasp wont fit correctly and the adjustability is nil. Get the thickness wrong, strap either won't fit in the clasp or will be too loose. Get the hole size and location wrong, strap will either fit weird or will not work correctly with clasp. Get the padding wrong, and strap will be uncomfortable. Get the spring bar hole location wrong, and the gap between the strap and case could be too large or small. Etc etc.

I know it might be a language barrier issue, but asking detailed questions for exactly what you're looking for will get you the best most direct answers. It's obvious NOW that you're looking to get the fit right on a custom strap, and if you'd asked for help on doing so the back and forth would have been more pertinent.

Hope that helps.

18. Fost Sep 20, 2018

If i ask only for those 2 dimensions and only those 2 dimensions it is because I know everything else I need to know. I was not asking how to make a customs strap for deployant but just if someone would kindly help me to find the length dimensions ... nothing else ...

It is strange how a simple question can turn into some agressive comments ... I wouldn’t have expect that when I was asking ...

Thanks again for the informations and for your help.

19. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 20, 2018

It wasn't a criticism, but if you had told me that up front it may have helped me understand why you wanted just random strap dimensions. To be honest I saw it as a very strange request, because if someone was looking for dimensions of a strap to purchase, they would state the specific strap they wanted dimensions for...

Again what makes sense to you isn't the issue here - there are a lot of things Omega does that don't appear to make sense, but I'm sure they have a reason. The fact that you seemed to understand what I was saying and then continued to say just get dimensions for any strap was a bit frustrating - I don't mind taking time from working at the bench to help people but I don't want to have to fight you for the information I need to provide you with that help...I don't think that's too difficult to understand.

Cheers, Al

Fost and Noisy Nova like this.