Forums Latest Members

Omega Stories: The Constellation Monocoque Family - Pie-pans, Tuxedos & Phantoms

1. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 25, 2022

[​IMG]

The Constellation Monocoque case family were first introduced by Omega in 1966 and were in production in various forms until around 1970.

These watches contained a great deal of Omega's best ideas, movements, designs and learnings into a product that only existed relatively briefly before being replaced by the more austere 1970s Constellations. That brevity of production belies just how successfully this watch achieved its goals. [..]

Visit The Constellation Monocoque Family - Pie-pans, Tuxedos & Phantoms to read the full article.

2. cristos71 Oct 25, 2022

Excellent article and one could build quite a collection by only focusing on this case variant

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 25, 2022

Except the 167.025 which seems to have been seen in person fewer times than either Bigfoot or the Loch-ness monster. I really do wonder if there are some hidden away that just have never seen a camera or if it was an “in theory” model they aborted production on before any were delivered.

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 25, 2022

Like the Chupacabra, I don't think that model ever existed. I cannot find Ref.167.(0)025 listed in the Omega, Jules Borel or Boley.de databases. All of the other three variants are listed in Borel and Boley.

Sometimes we have to accept that what is logical is not always real.
    gatorcpa

5. BrunoCodispoti Oct 25, 2022

Unique piece:eek: