Forums Latest Members

Omega Stories: Omega’s Best Triple-Date Moon-Phase - Cosmic 1951 Museum Limited Edition

1. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 6, 2022

[​IMG]

This is a really, genuinely, stunningly beautiful watch, in 18K solid gold, with an extremely accurately styled vintage case and dial, and a superb high-quality Blancpain / F. Piguet automatic movement. Take a close look at the image above, imagine how it would look on your wrist, and then only after its beauty has finished washing over you, continue reading as I pontificate about why this is such a special Omega. [..]

Visit Omega’s Best Triple-Date Moon-Phase - Cosmic 1951 Museum Limited Edition to read the full article.

YYTIN, jjen, neilfrancis and 15 others like this.
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 6, 2022

Incidentally, while we were researching these @Trev got to use his Mandarin skills a bit to help researching Chinese watch media for these. The white dials are around $5,100 USD commonly there which is remarkably good if you’re willing to get one form there, seems to be plenty of them available too.

They also appear in a lot of marketing materials in China without being directly linked to the Omega Museum edition at all, even though that’s clearly what they are still.

1AF81270-0335-46C5-96C3-E0A83694BF3C.jpeg

B846DDC9-2638-4DBC-95D1-1A904BDE7FFB.jpeg

MtV likes this.
  3. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Oct 24, 2022

Nicely done, Ash, great article!
    1951 is my birth year and the tdmp is my favorite Omega.

While I would prefer a round-cased ss, the ability to actually wear the watch is a pretty compelling case for the Museum Edition.

Can Trev translate and negotiate a safe, great deal from China with guaranteed delivery, or perhaps pick one up for me?

On a serious note, your mentioning and emphasizing the importance of a complete set was educational and a tremendous guide for my future search.

Your talents are a blessing to us all!

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 24, 2022

You’d have to ask Trev but it may be a bit more difficult at the moment as they’re still wrestling with the covid zero policy there and the impact lockdowns are having on various cities.

The cheaper prices there are mainly the white / silver dials though not the blue dials. I actually managed to find out from a dealer in Shanghai that the LE numbers of those go up to 873 pieces though I’m not sure if that’s both silver and white or 873 each, I’ll have to update the article with that tomorrow. Either way it’s a lot harder to find the light dials than the dark blue… yet the dark blue IMO still looks better.

UncleBuck likes this.
  5. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Oct 24, 2022

I like them all but for that coinage I envision a road trip acquisition rather than dealing with too many unknowns.
    Thanks for all the work!

6. Zman4eva Sep 9, 2023

Thanks for the great write-up. I'm a big fan of triple date moonphases and didn't know these existed.

The wearability and not b having to worry about redials are a big plus.

Finding the 5756.30 in the US seems to be an issue. They're all in Japan.

7. spacemission Sep 10, 2023

I hadn't seen the thread before. I like them. Thanks again.

pdxleaf likes this.
  8. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Jan 23, 2024

Quadraphonic-Schizophrenia

9. gmmy775 Feb 7, 2024

10. gmmy775 Feb 7, 2024

What a spectacular watch! The blue dial version is lustworthy. I like the others too, but not enough to save up for one. I suspect that these blue ones will soon be discovered to not be made of gold, but rather of unobtainium. Well at least all that saving up might land me an Ed White. Great, awe inspiring, bit of journalism.