Omega stops at the same time nightly!!

I have 2003 Omega Deville Auto and I also have the issue of the watch stopping nightly at 9:50pm when sitting on my nightstand. I have tried winding it 20-30 times at say 9:00pm and still have the watch stop at 9:50pm. If I move past the time and reset the crown all is good and the I rewind in the morning and wear all day and still the same problem…I have tried change the date to change at noon and still the same….if I wear the watch past the 9:50pm it works fine???? Another post says it a possible hour wheel??
Also I wind the watch until I hear the clicking sound ( clutch ) to suggest that I’m at full wind?? Another step is get a watch winder and see how that works out….perplexing never the less!!! I have a 1974 Deville Television that still works perfectly……!!

I had a similar issue with a Planet Ocean and it needed to be sent in for a full service by Omega.

I had a similar issue with a Planet Ocean and it needed to be sent in for a full service by Omega.
Did they just do a service or was there any mechanical issues?

Did they just do a service or was there any mechanical issues?
IIRC, Omega often does not provide diagnostic information about warranty repairs. We had one thread where the OP was bitterly angry about that, to the point where he indicated that he had lost trust in the brand.

IIRC, Omega often does not provide diagnostic information about warranty repairs. We had one thread where the OP was bitterly angry about that, to the point where he indicated that he had lost trust in the brand.
What is involved in a full service and approx $ of a full service?
Thanks

What is involved in a full service and approx $ of a full service?
Thanks
Please use google. Omega publishes all the details and prices of a service. It depends on the type of watch.

Please use google. Omega publishes all the details and prices of a service. It depends on the type of watch.
Thanks!

Does the second hand continue running when the hour and minute hand stop?

If so, probably the cannon pinion that is too loose and stops turning once the date mechanism starts being driven.

Like 1
Does the second hand continue running when the hour and minute hand stop?

If so, probably the cannon pinion that is too loose and stops turning once the date mechanism starts being driven.
Everything stops

When was it last serviced?
10 yrs ago… I guess it’s time….they want 900.00 to service on the omega site!!

9:50? Is the minute interfering with the hour hand when the 2 hands overlap at this particular time?

Either way, watch needs service.

Like 2
Yes it does overlap but you would think it would happen at 9:50 am too but it works fine at that time

... watch stopping nightly at 9:50pm when sitting on my nightstand...
...rewind in the morning and wear all day…
...if I wear the watch past the 9:50pm it works fine?...

Likely that the movement associated with wearing the watch on wrist & moving it around normally is enough to jiggle the minute hand past the hour hand, but that sitting still & in the dial up position is enough to get the 2 hands to catch.

If this is the issue it would not be an uncommon problem, nor would it be difficult for a watchmaker to address.

Likely that the movement associated with wearing the watch on wrist & moving it around normally is enough to jiggle the minute hand past the hour hand, but that sitting still & in the dial up position is enough to get the 2 hands to catch.

If this is the issue it would not be an uncommon problem, nor would it be difficult for a watchmaker to address.
Great, I will try a test of laying face down to see if it has the same problem!

will try tonight!!

will try tonight!!

just thinking, could it be just the second or the minute that gets possibly stuck as the minute hand and second hand stop?

Might also be the case that at 9:50pm the date changeover is just starting to engage and that's taking just enough of the power to prevent the hands from moving past a slight imperfection in one of the wheels.

As an experiment, OP could try setting the time to the wrong AM/PM and see if that changes things.