Forums Latest Members

Omega ST145022, questions on originality, all help appreciated!

1. megamon Feb 6, 2015

Hello all,
    new to the OmegaForums.net page, I have previously looked through to study vintage Omega's. In the process I've grown very fond of early 30s to 60s Omega's, strange lugs and dials of all shapes and sizes! To be honest - I market pre-owned wristwatches out of Fort Lauderdale Florida, I wish to contribute where I may, in order to give back to the Forums. I've begun to study Constellations in great detail - so to that end I will be able to consult here and there. Thanks in advance for any help!

Today I have come across a Speedmaster ST145022, these are the specs:

Ref: ST145022 CRS
    Movement: Manual 861 17j 4525054X (dates it to ~1982 if I'm not mistaken)
    Bracelet link code: 78350 (Rolex oyster bracelet)
    End pieces: 93150 (Also Rolex)
    Buckle: 32 1171/1 (original Omega deployment buckle)

From the vintage database through Omega's official channel I have gathered that the ST 145.022 reference had their international collection marketed in 1995, with special series numbered and limited. This movement dates to 1982, the page also mentions that the 861 movements had 17 jewels until 1992 so this seems correct.
    1. Question here: being a 1982 movement fit into a 1995 collection, does it make sense for a movement to have been held onto for 13 years before being fit into this watch?
    The database states that a leather strap was fitted onto the watch, after it was worn the original owner most likely bought this Rolex band as a replacement, it fits and looks well on the piece.

2. Dial question - is the dial re-lumed? It is well placed but doesn't look to have aged properly. The chrono hand really bugs me. However being a 1995 dial with 20 years of ageing on this new-er lume material could have resulted in this, it's not a very light green, it has not "bubbled".

3. Bezel question - is this original to this model? Not too familiar with Speedmaster bezel script, the finish is very "Silvery".

All help is appreciated, thank you in advance!
    Pinzon

IMG_5508.JPG IMG_5509.JPG IMG_5510.JPG IMG_5511.JPG