Forums Latest Members
  1. JimoftheHills Oct 21, 2019

Does anyone know anything about the Omega Seamaster 'Sprint Series' made, it seems, for the 1986 Commonwealth games. I've searched through both these forums and the broader internet, as well as had a discussion about it with my local Omega technician, and so far no information has been forthcoming. Indeed, until I found this ad in one of my grandfather's old magazines, no one was able to ID the watch itself.
    Sprint Series 1.jpg
    There you can see the (admittedly battered) watch next to the ad for a watch almost identical to it, yet I can find no information further to the 'Sprint Series' to which it seems to belong.

Any information anyone has would be greatly appreciated

2. PSPY May 17, 2020

Hi, I have one of the OMEGA Seamaster Sprint Series watches. It was a team issue watch for the 1986 Australian Commonwealth Games Team. Each team member was given an OMEGA catalogue with the various versions of the watch within it and the team member, Athletes, Officials, etc, could select the watch they wanted. The watches were then embossed on the back with the athletes name and "1986 Australian Commonwealth Games Team".
    My watch is the same style as the one you have shown but mine has a gold face surround and gold center links in the wrist band.
    I've also been looking for information about the watch but so far, nothing.
    Unfortunately. during my divorce my ex-wife threw out my OMEGA storage case with all the paper work, but thankfully, I still have the watch.