Forums Latest Members
  1. Tom Dick and Harry Jan 26, 2014

Evening all

Thought I had posted this already but appears not

I've owned literally dozens of Speedies but I think for me by far the nicest is the MKII racing, I have been looking for a new one for some time now and about three months ago found a nice UK one on fleabay, back and forth with the owner and I managed to land it. It was an unserviced original condition MKII racing, the current owner was the nephew of the original owner and had been given the watch about ten years back.

When it arrived I sent it off to STS, I must admit I was a bit worried as Omega no longer allow them to service many vintage chronographs (lets not go there as I know it has been covered already in watch talk) and I really dont want to send it to Bienne, I trust STS and they are UK based, more importantly their customer service is great. Anyway, luckily for me they can still cater for the 861 calibre and so a length discussion with Simon (their service manager) and we agreed that it would have the full works, including the lapping of the case on the factory equipment they have just bought.

So, without further waffling here are the results, I must admit I am thrilled

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The case has come back great and really goes with the original dial and original hands, which is quite rare to find now

[​IMG]

It come back great but most importantly looks brilliant on

[​IMG]

Cheers Tom

2. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 26, 2014

Looks fab. Good to hear that STS are still allowed to work on these old 861's too.

3. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jan 26, 2014

It looks brilliant indeed. I hope I have high quality service center like STS ini here. My mark2 racing could use some spa treatment,too.

4. ctime3 Jan 26, 2014

Indeed looks great.

5. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jan 27, 2014

Looks to be in top form! :thumbsup:

6. CdnWatchDoc Jan 27, 2014

Excellent job! Nice to wear that beauty!

7. randomguy Jan 28, 2014

Amazing...