Forums Latest Members
  1. Steve Apr 8, 2012

What are your thoughts on this Speedsonic f300Hz ?.
    I've seen a few pics of these on the forum but not any real views or opinions. I'm looking at this one but its not in good working order, so my question to you guys is, because its not your usual movement how easy is it repair ?. Is this watch known as a 'tuning fork' ?.
    Here's a couple of pics.
    123-2012329102956_original.jpg

123_1-201232911212_original.jpg

OMEGA stainless steel electronic chronograph gentleman`s Speedsonic f300Hz bracelet watch, the blue dial with hourly applied silvered markers, bordered by a minute track, day and date apertures positioned to three o`clock, subsidiary second, hour and minute counters positioned to twelve, six and nine o`clock, all surrounded by a tachymeter scale, tonneau shaped case, numbered 188.0002, fitted to a steel link bracelet with folding clasp. Case width 43mm.

Omega bracelet watch, movement is functioning intermittently.

2. ulackfocus Apr 8, 2012

I used to own an Accutron or two, including a nice original Spaceview Yellow Dot B. Parts are getting scarcer by the minute and it isn't cheap to have them fixed. Interesting pieces of history but I'm not into them because of my collecting / flipping pattern. What I mean is after buying, and having it repaired & serviced like I do, they're a losing proposition on the resale most times. The good thing is most are relatively inexpensive to get into so try one out and see if you like the hum.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 8, 2012

Pretty big shame because I love the idea of these, some of the models are absolutely stunning too.

4. Kommis Vintage Omega Connoisseur Apr 8, 2012

Have several F300 tuning fork and it's wonderful watches. My advice is to buy it. Omega Speedsonic 18 feb 2010 017.jpg Sonic 2.jpg Speed 8.jpg Omega Speedsonic 18 feb 2010 010.jpg Speed 3.jpg

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 8, 2012

Interesting that the pushers are offset like that, is that just part of that design, or does the F300 chrono use a piggy-back module for the chronograph functionality?

6. ulackfocus Apr 8, 2012

Bingo.

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 8, 2012

Ah, now I'm starting to get the picture, you've got a piggyback module which adds to the cost of servicing alone, then you also have a less than common base movement.

8. ulackfocus Apr 8, 2012

Then throw in the cost of the coils and index wheel which is getting expensive.

9. Steve Apr 9, 2012

I guess the best thing is to buy one in good working order. To buy one as a 'project' doesn't sound to appealing, the repairs could easily out weight the value of the watch ??.
    But thanks for the replies, very interesting.

10. ulackfocus Apr 9, 2012

11. BattyMatty Apr 30, 2012

I own a Speedsonic F300HZ and purchased it in the early 80's, forgot about it for a long while and it had stopped working.
    Took it to Alex at perpetual-time in Manchester http://www.perpetual-time.com/ who serviced it and got it back to it's best.
    He charged me £300 with a 12 month warranty.
    I love this watch.

12. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 30, 2012

Post us pics, them's the rules!

13. BattyMatty Apr 30, 2012

This is my Speedsonic F300HZ.

Watch.jpg
  14. BattyMatty Apr 30, 2012

Should I sell it. . . . . or keep it ??????
    Not sure what to do ?

15. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 30, 2012

Depends whether you wear it or not! Watches don't belong in a drawer ;)

16. JonW Plongeur Professionnel de Bureaux May 2, 2012

Speedsonics are great and ive had a bunch of them over the years and still own a lobster. you can get them serviced by a couple of guys but make sure you know what they will do before you embark on a service, best to use someone like STS for peace of mind. For a non runner the problem is the chrono modules which are now scarce, the base movt is easy enough to come by. All in all a great watch!

17. accuholic Jul 3, 2012

I'm new here.I collect the TFK's from the lowest caste,snagging on ebay.I'm not able to go watch hunting nor can I afford much.But I do love my hummers.My collection is wide based,but tends towards electro-mech,Hummers and a few Q that fit historically.All tolled,I have well over 200,but not all pristine.I have to take chances when buying and definitely win some-loose some.Eternasonics have become a fave.I have a Titus and many other brand hummers that fit in.I have at least 5 diff omega f300s.Speedsonic is on list,but will take much study before I go at one.I own a Beta21 from orig.batch,bulova Accuquartz aecd(omega's is 1300 I think.)I am looking for info on these as the more I find the more the BS surfaces.I bought a megaQ omega(1310)for historical significance then noticing the banging out of seconds.I forgot omega went w/plan B,losing the fluidity of the orig. mvmt.Good for impromtu brass knucks.Bought from a "legend" watchmaker whom I won't ever trust w/any of my watches.Case is only viewable thru smoked glass.Ground down to the Quick!Glad he isn't a dentist!Luckily I have 2 spares for pts and one has a near perfect case it will be moving into since I will wear it a couple times to the grocery store.Rob who lives in thailand is the 1person I would trust on my beta and other hummers(the accutron watch page is his site).I have a tendency to ramble,Its the mad cow didease.Any info on Betas would be appreciated.thanks

18. ulackfocus Jul 3, 2012

Welcome! Is it possible for your mad cow disease to spread to pictures too?

19. Littleroger Jul 13, 2012

I have an Accutron Spaceview, which is a very cool watch. It has real character and is a bit of watch history. BUT it does hum! Some people think they are developing tinnitus when I stand next to them ;-)

20. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jul 13, 2012

Hmmmmmmmm.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tako Yaki likes this.