Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedsonic - 188.002

1. Scepticalist Aug 6, 2021

A reluctant sale because it took me a long time to find a good, unmolested example of this fabulous cushion shaped watch, this is the Omega Speedsonic chronograph complete with Omega archive extract to confirm authenticity.

I specifically wanted the dark grey/black starburst dial with printed Tritium markers and the plots are aged beautifully to a light brown colour with no cracks or uneven discoloration. The dial is perfect in every respect and really pops in sunlight.

Overall I would describe in excellent original condition, only a few marks commensurate with wear over the years. Looking at the case dimensions/angles I would say with confidence it's never been refinished. Obviously this is possible to do but as you can see the starburst finish is still prominent and does not warrant such an expense, you could if you wanted ask for the polished edges to be brought back but to "as new" level but again I don't see the need, they have surface wear only and are not noticeably marked. Paul at Electric Watches also advised it was too good to refinish.

Dating from 1975 and originally supplied in Switzerland, this came to me without bracelet or strap. I sourced a new genuine, correct bracelet (now £300 alone) which is included and it's not been a daily wearer by any means so it's as tight as it'll ever be. It fits my 6.75" wrist perfectly, on about halfway through the microadjust and comes with 3 spare links. It should be good for at least 8-8.25"

I had the watch serviced in 2019 by Paul at Electric Watches (UK) upon receipt, who also changed the day wheel for the English version (obviously being Swiss-supplied the original was in German). The original wheel comes with the watch. A new battery was fitted last month and I've worn it once a week to ensure all is well, it gains a few seconds a day well within tolerances and not enough to warrant opening it up and adjusting until the next service.

Reference-wise, I have purchased here from in the past and can supply seller name on request with the seller's agreement, I have a track record on TZ-UK forums. I am happy to supply my eBayID on request. No returns unless not as described.

I'm definitely not going to get back what I spent on this, even though they seem to sell on eBay for silly money sometimes. I'd like £1850 incl RMSD in UK - shipping abroad would be at cost/by arrangement.

20210805_094636.jpg 20210805_094702.jpg 20210805_094822.jpg 20210805_094850.jpg 20210805_095301.jpg
    Edited Aug 6, 2021
  2. Fatcat Aug 6, 2021

Mine says you hello

a real keeper I don’t think I will sell it

image.jpg
    ahartfie likes this.
  3. Uscjake87 Aug 9, 2021

Caseback pics?