Forums Latest Members

Omega Speedmasters in Titanium...Help deciding

1. famatta127 Aug 7, 2016

Omega Speedmasters in Titanium...Help deciding
    Hello and thanks for taking time to help with your opinion. I'm looking for feedback on collectibility, durability, perceived value and aesthetic appeal...whatever you feel.

I don't currently own a watch on bracelet as I always found them rather heavy and distracting...till I tried these on. Made of titanium, they feel incredibly light.

The Speedmaster 57 White Dial 331.90.42.51.04.001

The Speedmaster Moonwatch Co-Axial Blue Dial 311.90.44.51.03.001.

I am looking to purchase one of these watches but I have been looking at images on the computer for a week
    The Speedmaster 57 white dial is a bit smaller and the case has straighter lugs.

The blue dial has a ceramic bezel and rounded lugs. The size isn't a concern for me as both fit well.

Your comments are appreciated.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. CrisROSE Aug 7, 2016

The white dial one is the 57 I would buy tomorrow to go with my MkII Speedy, if someone dropped the money on my lap. In my opinion, the best looking in the 57 range, and different enough from the Speedmaster Pro to warrant owning both

famatta127 likes this.
  3. alam Aug 7, 2016

between those two, I'd pick baby blue! ;)

famatta127 likes this.
  4. Aceofspades2345 Aug 7, 2016

Picked the blue last week. Waiting on delivery by the end of month. The dealer had the white one as a daily wearer. I tried it on, but the 57 never felt right on the wrist. Just fractionally unbalanced, whereas the blue felt better.

famatta127 and alam like this.
  5. alam Aug 7, 2016

good deal! :thumbsup: now we'll wait for pictures! in the meantime this story will remain an urban legend.. ;)

by the way...may I suggest an avatar before one is inserted for you...:rolleyes:

Screen Shot 2016-08-07 at 3.11.41 PM.png
  6. chich Aug 7, 2016

White dial with blue hands all the way. That's a gorgeous piece, would buy it in a heartbeat if I could justify the outlay to the missus! ;)

famatta127 likes this.
  7. timlinhuang Dec 29, 2016

Hey Ace, nice buy! I'm looking to buy the blue one as well. Do you have any dealers you would recommend? Thank you in advance.

8. Screwbacks Dec 29, 2016

was there any speedmaster with dual registers before?

i prefer the blue one.

9. tyrantlizardrex Dec 29, 2016

Beforespending large amounts of money based on pictures, how about getting out from behind the keyboard and visiting a dealer?

Other people's opinions are great and all that, but it's your cash, and the watch is going on your wrist...

kov, Buster and Tire-comedon like this.
  10. Buster Dec 29, 2016

I thought I knew what I wanted too until I went to an OB and tried on a few watches. I am partial to blue dials as well.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  11. Exarkun12 Dec 29, 2016

I have the blue dial speed master and its great ;) the dial is a very creamy looking blue and it's unique among all the speedmasters. You will love it!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  12. night0wl Dec 31, 2016

I've been contemplating both of these pieces as well as the good planet Aqua Terra GMT. The one thing I noticed is that the 57 blue color isn't vibrant and doesn't stand out like the GMT but with that said I actually like it a tad better due to its subtlety. Which one did you like more on the wrist and legibility for your eyeballs ?

13. Screwbacks Dec 31, 2016

This is an interesting issue of speedmaster brand. if my memory doesnt fail me, i am not aware nor dont recall of vintage speedmaster with 2 registers. it is usually 3 register dials from 1957. thus, this could be worth an acquisition to own a first series of dual register speedmaster. i am intrigued to get one for me, though i like the black base1000 version too:

images.jpg
    Edited Dec 31, 2016
    milty56 likes this.
  14. gee_cee Jan 5, 2017

If you're looking for a titanium speedmaster you should consider the X-33 ;-)