Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN Omega Speedmaster X-33 Gen.1

1. blubarb Aug 18, 2019

This is a a great Omega reference at a fair price and worth investing in.

This watch will need service at some point in the near future as the backlight isn't functioning. Other than that it keeps exact time and all other functions work as they should. As I have never had use for the backlight I haven't worried and it's never been an issue for me. If you aren't concerned about a backlight then this is a great watch at an inexpensive entry point for the X-33. I have reduced the cost under market prices to account towards a service at some point in the future.

The watch box is covered with genuine spacesuit cloth that is sensitive to light, which takes on its own colour with time. Unfortunately, like the majority of these boxes, the inside red and black felt like material has speckles of material floating away in tiny amounts which may be due to humidity. I am not sure if anyone really knows why this happens to the majority many vintage Omega boxes. This box is pretty good though.

NASA requirements:

- Accurate to within -0.3s to +0.5 seconds per day

- Water- and pressure resistant to 3 bars

- Shock resistant till 3500Gs.

- Antimagnetic (ISO norm 764)

- Temperatures from -20 degrees Celcius to +70 degrees Celcius

- 80dB alarm

The watch has the following functions :

1. A light commanded by a push button makes the display visible in the dark (not functioning)

2. A 80dB alarm function

3. Mission Time - A long chronograph function in days,hours,minutes and seconds. Useful for timing the whole mission or flight. The

mission time alarm function may be programmed at any time throughout the mission.

4. Universal Time - GMT Time. Indicating the dat of the week, the hour, the minutes and the seconds. This is used to avoid the confusion of time zone changes. This function also has its own alarm function.

5. Chronograph - 1/100 of a second.

6. Date - displays international mode (day, month, year) or English mode (month, day, year). The day of the week is only displayed in the English language.

7. Turning bezel - Unidirectional

8. Water- and pressure resistant to 3 bars the dauphin hands.

9. DuPont Kevlar strap for comfortable wearing. This material is very light and strong.

If you don't care about a backlight then this is a great and inexpensive pick up for an X-33 "Mars Watch".

Asking, USD1400 including international shipping. Payment by ETF in the USA or by bank wire using TransferWise. PP plus 4%

Lots of references on OF and elsewhere, feel free to ask.

You can view my OF referees here: https://omegaforums.net/search/11312831/?q=blubarb&o=date&c[node]=10

IMG_6313.JPG IMG_6347.JPG IMG_6315.JPG IMG_6316.JPG IMG_6351.JPG

You can see the watch's functions being cycled through here:

Alarm sound test function here:

Edited Aug 22, 2019
  2. Tubber Aug 20, 2019

Great watches. Gen 1? Good luck with the sale John.

blubarb likes this.