Forums Latest Members

Omega speedmaster with white dial

1. GMTspeedmaster Jan 12, 2019

Im new to omega. Im looking for a speed master with white dial.

Can someone recommend a reference number so i can check it.

Im currently looking at the Tokyo 2020 white .

Thanks in advance

2. Bushido Jan 13, 2019

3. sturosen Jan 13, 2019

4. GMTspeedmaster Jan 13, 2019

5. ras47 Jan 13, 2019

JetLinks and Reddy_Kilowatt like this.
  6. lustrousaurus Jan 13, 2019

I remember my search for a white Speedmaster when I first started collecting. I looked at the Snoopy, loved it. Walked into the OB and asked if they had it and only embarrassed myself haha I eventually settled for the Alaska Project I was able to find on eBay, but it was much cheaper back then.

7. Reddy_Kilowatt Jan 13, 2019

Those are pretty cool looking watches.

ras47 likes this.
  8. ras47 Jan 13, 2019

Looks kinda like a larger Rolex Daytona. I looked at Daytonas and they’re too small for me at 38mm.

9. Skyblue44 Jan 15, 2019

You can always mod a standard moonwatch with an Italian cream dial. The parts availability seems to be worsening though.

10. GMTspeedmaster Jan 15, 2019

Thanks

11. BradleyJ. Jan 17, 2019

I thought this was answered in another post but then it seems to go back n forth the deeper I dig.

For arguments sake, I buy a brand new speedy pro, I then purchase a genuine Mitsukoshi white dial sealed in the package with all the factory information on the lid and also a set of silver hands to go with the dial (also factory and unopened)

Few years go by and I decide to have the watch serviced. Can I bring this watch to my AD with the parts still sealed and say I'd like these parts installed at the time of service? Or am I stuck going to a non authorized watch maker to do the job (swap dials/hands) and service the watch? Keep in mind the watch was brand new when I got it and the caseback was never opened or in other words theres zero reason to be denied service for non factory parts.

I read one post where archer said they wont service the watch, then later he said there might be a possibility but the OP of that post had a modded watch already, so I'm not sure if the reason for denial of service is due to wanting the dial replaced or the fact it was already modded. I've also read elsewhere people are having the AD get the dial swapped for them without issue but there no validity in those claims because I have no clue who they are and they could just be a bunch of gum flappers. Archer on the other hand is someone who's comments I've been reading for a few years it seems like so I trust his word. I would @ him on this if I knew how Haha

12. AdamS Jan 17, 2019

This one is white or cream

8A980118-F0AF-4C32-9A2C-2920E9E27F21.jpeg

13. GMTspeedmaster Jan 20, 2019

thanks

14. Todoroki Jan 21, 2019

The Ck2998 pulsometer is a fantastic panda and more affordable than the 2020. They are very different watches however, the
    2020 Speedmaster pro being slightly larger, slimmer with a more modern look. I like them both, but if I could choose only one I think the white subdial hands on on the CK2998 just give it the edge.

15. gostang9 Jan 21, 2019

I had a standard Speedmaster dial and hands changed with Apollo 11 35th anniversary set. Archer would not do it for me as it was putting together parts that Omega did. It originally put together. I fully respect him for that stance. My local AD also would not do it nor would any OB I imagine.

I found a non-Omega parts-account watchmaker to do it for me instead.

Now that I have a Speedmasters with modified parts, I believe my options of where to get it serviced will also be somewhat restricted. I will not take it to the AD or an OB for fear they would want to remove/replace back to original. I will look for a watchmaker willing to bring the movement back to serviced spec without bringing the total watch back to original parts configuration.

I believe on some level you have to appreciate this is a public forum, Omega would prefer people not make “modified” watches that look like rare LE’s for much less cost (they want to reserve that right for themselves - like the Japan LE copies). If you want to go a side-path option like a modified watch, you might need to make arrangements offline where the work isn’t visible to the mothership. ?

BradleyJ. likes this.
  16. BradleyJ. Jan 21, 2019

I understand Omega not wanting copys or fakes but I just want a speedy Pro with white face/black hands Haha. I dont even want it to be an exact copy of a Mitsukoshi LE. If acquiring parts weren't an issue I wouldnt even go with the panda option, rather the Alaska dial with black hands (not Alaska sub dial hands). If only omega would just make a white faced speedy that wasnt LE

Edited Jan 21, 2019
    gostang9 likes this.
  17. gostang9 Jan 22, 2019

Omega knows very well what models people like..

If you look hard enough (and are willing to spend what it takes) I believe there are some who have the Alaska dial FS.

Omega also knows very well what people are willing to pay for readily available models (non LE, such as the standard Speedy Pro) and what people are willing to pay for exclusivity... Classic supply and demand, where demand is high, they reduce supply so they can charge higher prices. Makes perfect sense from Omega's perspective, not as nice for us consumers.

BradleyJ. likes this.
  18. BradleyJ. Jan 22, 2019

Just like every other business out there.

19. ras47 Jan 23, 2019

Here's a picture I found of a white dial Speedy racing and a ceramic Daytona with white face.
    Speedy+Daytona.jpg

20. dwboston Jan 23, 2019

That white-dial Speedy racing version will be mine in the near future. I love the look of the dark hands against the white dial. Easy to read.