Forums Latest Members
  1. mith321 Oct 6, 2019

message has been removed

Edited Oct 24, 2019
    cooljme likes this.
  2. larryganz The cable guy Oct 6, 2019

So, if you tried to post in the for sale section and didn't even know what it's worth first?

Then you post in the general discussion forum, fishing for a price. Some people will try to message you and buy it, allowing you to bypass the post limit for selling. nice.

It's a very nice watch - you should keep it. Why not discuss the watch and contribute to the forum, rather than make sure we all know it's for sale? Maybe you'll decide to keep it, and be an active member here? I think you'll regret selling it now that you've discovered it all over again.

Mark020, MikiJ, watch72 and 2 others like this.
  3. mith321 Oct 6, 2019

thank you - fair call -

larryganz likes this.
  4. larryganz The cable guy Oct 6, 2019

Whatever you do, do not try to polish it or clean it up in any way yet, which might wreck the value. And, if you plan to wind it and use it, get the movement cleaned, oiled and adjusted first (to avoid wear on vintage internal parts). Do not let the watchmaker polish it or change the dial, hands, or other parts except for an Omega signed crystal if the old one is cracked, otherwise the crystal can be polished. Have it water tested to be sure rain won't get inside.

Try wearing it for a while and see if you like it - you joined 4 years ago so you must have some interest in Omega, and you'd have one of the coolest Omegas on the block.

mith321 likes this.
  5. Screwbacks Oct 6, 2019

that dial is commonly used in seamaster chronograph cal1040/1. being a speedmaster, might have a premium with box and paper. just my opinion. as advised, some may attempt to email you if you intend to sell. otherwise, try to search for more appropriate valuation.

6. mith321 Oct 6, 2019

thank you - yes i away had a keen interest in mechanical wrist watches, the more i look at it the more am inclined to keep it. I guess its a relatively rare watch tried to do abit of research on it , there are not many info available on this model.

7. Screwbacks Oct 6, 2019

that might be the 1st speedmaster automatic since it was bought in 1972. just a guess.

8. larryganz The cable guy Oct 7, 2019

I was talking about not replacing external @cosmetic parts” in my post - the watchmaker may need to replace broken worn parts inside the movement, and certainly should install a new mainspring. Pushers and crown might need to be replaced for water resistance, but you can save all the original parts to restore it back to factory if needed.

Sidnos likes this.