Forums Latest Members

Omega Speedmaster Triple Day Date - Monthly Day Change

1. milacay Jul 10, 2017

I am new to watches and have been research to find myself a first luxury watch. I came across the Omega Speedmaster Triple Day Date, which looks promising. I like this watch because it has all the functions I needed (month, day, and date) and very nice looking face/dial. The link below is the one I am interested (first post with blue face)

https://omegaforums.net/threads/wheres-the-love-for-speedmaster-daydate-3523-80-00.12988/
    Like this one:
    [​IMG]

I've read a number of threads and couldn't find the answers for these questions?
    1) Since this watch has the Month, will it automatically know to change to correct date based on the month? For example, if today is Feb 28, will it change to March 1st next morning? Or it will be Feb and the date is 29, which is kind of silly. :)
    2) How do I know if it is day or night time by looking at the combination of 6 and 9 o'clock" as others mentioned? And how can I check to make sure if it is working properly.

Thanks in advance.

Edited Jul 10, 2017
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 10, 2017

No it is not an annual calendar, which takes number of days in the month into consideration. Perpetual calendars also take leap year.

This watch has a flush pusher on the upper left to jump the date forward for months with less then 28days.

Edited Jul 10, 2017
    milacay and WatchVaultNYC like this.
  3. milacay Jul 10, 2017

Thanks for the reply. I noticed that upper left has a push button to adjust the day of the week. What about month of June which has 30 days? Will it jump from June 30th to July 1st (skip the 31 on month of June)?

Edited Jul 10, 2017
  4. WatchVaultNYC Jul 10, 2017

You'll have to manually correct for that too, 2nd detente

Also, the dial is much nicer than on most pictures

milacay likes this.
  5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 10, 2017

As noted the watch assumes every month has 31 days. Hence the pusher to advance the day of the month. It's recessed and toothpicks are the perfect tool for it.

When you push the day through 31 it adjusts the month. You do not need to adjust the day.

I may be wrong and it's not the hidden pusher you can see in the picture , if so it's via the crown and works the same way.

milacay likes this.