Forums Latest Members

Omega Speedmaster Tripe Date (Day Date)

1. ev3rclear Dec 3, 2014

Does anyone own this model?

Question: If you put the crown to position 1 you can adust the date (red pointer) when twisting it towards you (backward). What happens (gets adjusted) if you turn the crown into the opposite direction (forward, or away from you)?

ss.jpg
    Edited Dec 3, 2014
  2. Hijak Dec 3, 2014

Used to have the current model of this but sold it a little while ago. The crown will adjust the day hand turning crown one way and the day of the week turning it in opposite direction. There is a pusher on the nine o'clock side that adjusts the month (a ball point pen works well to do this). It's possible I have this reversed (the opposite direction of the crown and the pusher at nine). The blue dialed version of this is my favorite...I had a black dial on mine and found it a little hard to read. If I had purchased the blue dial I'd probably still have it. Overall it's a very nice watch, love the size.

3. ev3rclear Dec 3, 2014

Hello,

well i just got this watch and when i pull the crown into position 1 i can adjust the red colored hand (date of month) which also adjusts the month window (right little window) when i turn it arround a complete circle. If i turn the crown into the opposite direction, nothing happens

the little button on the left (ball point pen) adjusts the weekday (left little window)

in this youtube video the guy does not turn the crown into the opposite direction in position 1

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 3, 2014

Your watch is fine and working as it should. Position 1 of the crown (against the case) is winding, position 2 is for changing the date, and if you rotate a full month it changes the month - opposite direction does nothing, and day of the week is changed using the corrector. Position 3 is time setting.

Cheers, Al

5. Hijak Dec 3, 2014

Oops, I was incorrect in my post above, my apologies!:oops: Is yours the blue dial version? would love to see some snaps of it!:thumbsup: