Forums Latest Members
  1. SpeedyMcNasty Sep 5, 2017

I have really enjoyed reading the OF for some time and appreciate the wealth of knowledge many members provide to the OF community. One random point of note is the fact that I didn't even know about Speedmasters (or the nickname Speedy) when I made my profile name, it now seems kind of odd, but I guess I am stuck with it, ha. I just bought my first Omega, I went with the red and white racing, or Tintin.

I am very happy with the design, like everyone says it looks even better in person. I had a great buying experience from @Kringkily as well.

The red/white checker pattern give the moonwatch a very vintage feel; I also like the differentiation from the original.

The only issue I have is with the bracelet, I seem to be in between sizes and with very little micro adjust I am either too loose or too tight, I opted to deal with too tight at the moment, but I am considering strap options. I like the Snoopy strap and the x-33 black Kevlar strap. I also understand a Seamaster half link might work to add a bit of length.

Anyway, I am very happy with the purchase and just wanted to share. All posts need pictures, here is my new Tintin!

tintin.jpg
    bassem abadan, Shailor and mikechi22 like this.
  2. mikechi22 Sep 5, 2017

I'm not really a Speedmaster fan. Or a Tintin one, but I really love your watch! Wear it in good health!

3. mariah94 Sep 5, 2017

I am sure you will enjoy it. I love mine.Congratulations wear it in good health.

4. SpeedyMcNasty Sep 6, 2017

Thanks! It is always nice to hear from people who, even when they don't care for a particular model can still appreciate it's existence. I was never really a Speedmaster fan either, but the Tintin really turned that around. That being said I am having a tough time with the bracelet, it will likely fit in winter, but I will have to sort out another option for the warmer months.

5. SpeedyMcNasty Sep 6, 2017

How long have you had yours?

6. Watchmutt Sep 6, 2017

Congrats on the purchase. I got the same watch from George too.

bassem abadan likes this.
  7. SpeedyMcNasty Sep 6, 2017

Thanks! George seemed like a good guy, I was happy to buy from him.

8. Tazio70 Sep 7, 2017

congrats, with the Snoopy one of my favorite

9. SpeedyMcNasty Sep 7, 2017

I like the 2254 in your profile picture

10. Tazio70 Sep 7, 2017

thanks, always on my wrist ;)