Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday problems

1. autumnwind Sep 19, 2017

Has everyone examined their watch closely ? There are pics circulating of fairly profound manufacturing defects atm.... would like to know anyone encountering similar issues ?

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 19, 2017

Unless you can provide concrete examples of what you are talking about , I would be inclined to delete your post

3. alam Sep 19, 2017

Autumn winds tend to blow lots of loose stuff...:cautious:

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 10.46.08 PM.png
  4. corn18 Sep 19, 2017

Here's the latest one. The 25 ain't.

[​IMG]

5. ac921ol Sep 19, 2017

Stop blowing smoke. I think I've seen an issue with lume not being applied and that was only one watch that I've read about.

What are you talking about?

6. alam Sep 19, 2017

source?

7. corn18 Sep 19, 2017

Facebook #ST group.

Balthazaar and alam like this.
  8. Maganator Sep 19, 2017

This was on the Facebook group as well. Someone made a comment about frequent QC issues with the watch - I've seen the lume one below, the wonky 25 and another printing error on the dial on the Facebook page.

IMG_4249.JPG

9. autumnwind Sep 20, 2017

Why the hostility in response to an honest question? It does not take much effort to find that there have been certain instances where clients have raised some QC issues about the watch . And I'm honestly curious as to whether these are unfounded or true. Forums are after all for discussing isn't it ?

Edited Sep 20, 2017
  10. autumnwind Sep 20, 2017

Yea I saw the 25 misprint dial. It's really fascinating actually if it's true. The processes involved and how it occurred.

11. Ree Sep 20, 2017

Mine has arrived, and all is well with the quality.

However, I've also read about the QC issues on the FB group.
    I then tried searching for other brand's quality control issues, to see whether Omega is truly doing something terrible with the ST.
    To my surprise, searching Audem*rs/Pat*k/Rol*x quality issues on forums churned out quite a few interesting threads. Issues with watches that are even more expensive than our ST.
    I conclude myself that as long as the producer is taking a prompt response to solve the issues, it's fine. Especially on the FB group I also noticed RJ himself PM-ing the owners to help resolve the matters promptly.

Edited Sep 20, 2017
    N1CK, sat968, Tet and 3 others like this.
  12. autumnwind Sep 20, 2017

Agree and well said . Was wondering if these 'defects' may even lead to it becoming more unique and desirable. Sometimes just crazy how the trend goes. Impossible to predict.

It's great that RJ responded to it *hats off*

13. tyrantlizardrex Sep 20, 2017

There's a huge difference between:

1 - asking about issues based on evidence you have seen (and sharing the pictures).

2 - saying there are issues... and then leaving that hanging there...

If there are problems with a product, that's helpful to know... a witch hunt however is not helpful at all. :whistling:

I'm also struggling to understand what you hoped to achieve with this post?

In your own words: "It does not take much effort to find that there have been certain instances where clients have raised some QC issues about the watch ."

Right. 100% true. No issue with that.

Followed by: "And I'm honestly curious as to whether these are unfounded or true."

So if it doesn't take much effort to find that some people have had issues... you're curious about whether they had issues or are making stuff up?

Is this some sort of conspiracy theory thing?

IMG_9040.JPG

Edited Sep 20, 2017
    cicindela, Tet, Cad290 and 1 other person like this.
  14. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 20, 2017

Haven't seen any "fairly profound manufacturing defects" add that to no avatar ;)
    Valid question just a bit over sledgehammer,ish if you know what I mean.

All watches or whatever have slight problems in a small percentage of goods as @Ree mentioned. Will be corrected by Omega and that's what warranty is for and why all new watches and brands have it.

Set your self a avatar so we get to know you. :cool:

15. Screwbacks Sep 20, 2017

dials are replaceable under warranty

16. corn18 Sep 20, 2017

If Omega can't spot a blatant dial defect on the way out the door, I wonder what else they miss? I'm sure all the little bits are fine, they just miss the big stuff.

This was posted today on FB #ST:

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 4.48.15 AM.png

17. autumnwind Sep 20, 2017

Oh please. I'm not going to address everyone of your points one by one and I'm not going to be drawn into this too much.

But, lets just say , if you saw a post or pic which really surprised you in terms of quality and expectation, what would you do? The first thing I would do before reposting the picture or issue would be to find out from who knows best. I don't like to propagate what I do not know completely as yet. Seeking information is always my priority. A big problem of Facebook and social media is the rapid dissemination of information and I'm not ever a person who is trigger happy to repost anything. Heck, the last Facebook post I made was from 2013. After I got married. Had to even create a separate Facebook account just for the Watch community because I am frankly uninterested in what people do in their daily lives if they are not directly involved in mine or my family's. Call it information overload, and usually from work.

So who would know best? It would be the customers of Omega who have received their Speedy Tuesdays. The main forum I see at the moment is the Speedy Tuesday Arrival thread- well I agree that I may have sounded sensationalist but that was not my intention, and certainly I would apologise from that end. I also agree I may have posted in the wrong thread, but frankly I'm not very up to date with the 'themes' of each thread.

The pictures I have seen do show profound manufacturing defects. Period. And I wanted to enquire from the community what has been their experiences. I did not ever say anyone was falsifying information or making it up, or whether I had other intentions otherwise. And please cut the crap about 'conspiracy theories'. You are better than this. And whatever gave you the impression of a 'witch hunt' ? I'm also uncertain.

If the intention of Speedy Tuesday Arrival Forum is to white wash any blemish or to just celebrate receiving the watch, I accept that. Its not my forum after all. But to me, I thought the 'Arrival' Forum would've been the best place to just seek clarity, as these are people who have just gone to the dealer and picked up their watch. You are now accessing the front line clientale/audience that may have potentially encountered these issues.

In regards to myself, I don't have much time to spend on forums but enjoy reading posts now and then. I only tend to comment when I see/ read something that makes me laugh or entertains me, or provides information which I would then thank the contributor for. More of a backseat driver and observer at the moment.

From the point of view of who I am and my background, I'm in the medical field with a large interest in horology and have collected a large vintage and modern pedigree mostly incorporating Rolexes, Omegas, Seikos and (strangely enough) mechanical Timex and Smiths watches (the dial variations delight me to no end).

Anyway, I do not wish to pursue this further. My only intention was the seek clarity from the people who knew it best and that was what I thought the Speedy Tuesday Arrival Forum.

I hope this clears up any misconstrued perceptions but do believe me when I say that sensationalism is about as far away from my personality as it could get. I don't want to sound anal, but I do think about the choice of words I use, always. I am forced to because of my profession. And when I say 'profound', I genuinely mean 'profound', though yes, there is an element of subjectivity in it. Relative to me though and all the watches I've seen, held and collected, it really is a pretty interesting flaw and I am more interested in how the manufacturing process lead to that.

Let bygones be bygones and move on.

Regards.

Edited Sep 20, 2017
    Smspectre, bnabod, Simmy and 5 others like this.
  18. tyrantlizardrex Sep 20, 2017

Wow there Doc, too much coffee this morning?

Read what I wrote.

"If there are problems with a product, that's helpful to know... a witch hunt however is not helpful at all. :whistling:"

It's generally accepted around here, that if you have a valid point to make, it will be heard, discussed, and often agreed with - you could have made a valid point, and raised concern, instead of going for the sensationalist statement which you say you did not intend.

For future reference, try this:

"Hi guys,

I've seen some pictures on the internet that seem to show Speedy Tuesday's creeping through QC with faults. Has anyone here experienced problems, and if so, what has been Omega's reaction/process for getting them resolved?

Attached are a couple of the pictures I've seen.

Would love to hear people's thoughts
    "

You're welcome.

Ask anyone around here, I'm really not. ::facepalm1::

mayankyadav, kov, Rodmar and 3 others like this.
  19. autumnwind Sep 20, 2017

And just to let you all realise how much of a fuddy duddy I am when it comes to social media (despite still belonging to Generation Y), I had ABSOLUTELY no clue whatsoever that the Speedy Tuesday Arrival post was pinned to the top and started by RJ!

I've been using Tapatalk on my mobile and kind of loss all perspective of all the posts. LOL.

Now that I've realised this (on my desktop), I do agree I probably posted this in the wrong thread, as it is a celebratory thread by RJ. Genuinely did not realise this and not intended to deflate the excitement of all the other happy chappies out there!

And yes I'm also waiting for my ST, though as usual, I have to pay a premium for it since I'm never up to date with much stuff online. So forget about me ever making it to any waiting list.

Regards.

gizmotek, Simmy and ConElPueblo like this.
  20. Mozziebite Sep 20, 2017

@autumnwind I don't see why you should have to defend yourself for asking about this. Perfectly valid query that is more than a little eye-opening. If there's any "witch hunting" going on it seems to be against you for daring to be critical about our favourite brand.