Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. MTROIS Jan 2, 2019

Wow, that is scary stuff, especially downtown London. Did this take place at night or in broad daylight. Also, do you think they targeted the watch specifically or does the ST happen to be an unfortunate collateral victim?
    In any case, super glad you are ok!

2. CaptDngr Jan 2, 2019

Wow, that's absolutely nuts.

I wonder if Omega maintains a list of stolen watches like Rolex and Patek do? That way they're confiscated and investigated if they ever pop up in their network (for service, etc).

3. Exarkun12 Jan 3, 2019

Sorry to hear that, glad to know you are fine. Will keep a lookout for number 65...

ANW1990 likes this.
  4. ANW1990 Jan 7, 2019

Thank you.

It happened around 10.30/11.00pm, I was making my way to the Underground. There were other people on the street - the offender clearly didn't care who was watching. I don't think he knew it was of value, I think he took a chance and got lucky it was an Omega.

5. Monkey Nutter Jan 8, 2019

That's interesting - I did not know that Rolex & Patek kept records & confiscated stolen watches.

Do they return them to the last known keeper or destroy them?

Cheers

6. Ambull Feb 24, 2019

I am on page 30 of 217 of this thread and thoroughly enjoying the read. I totally missed out on the ST frenzy last year, having not been a 'speedmaster guy', and probably still would not be had it not been for this watch. The speedy pro has always just been a meh watch to me I am sorry to say. I have tried to like it over the years, but with it's simple and plain printed dial, hand winded old movement, hesalite or cloudy ringed sapphire crystal, I just struggled to buy in.

The ST corrects most of that. The white sub dials are mesmerizing, and the lume is freakishly cool and unique. The applied omega logo pops, and almost looks a contrasting gold to me at times. The brushed case just flows beautifully with the rest of the watch, and with the included nato is almost orgasmic. Classy and unique in every way.

Finally now owning this LE speedy, I do now get the allure of the hesalte window, with the 3D effects and classic look it gives, the 'rinse and repeat' treatment of the screen, not to mention the daily winding ritual which allows you to become one with the watch.

I got a great deal on it, buying it at MSRP from an original purchaser, in an 'off shelf' condition, and I couldn't be happier. I feel like I am very late to the party with the speedy tuesday, but if I had come sooner (but still later than launch), I would have overpaid. I know me.

Cheers to all owners of this watch. I wonder how original purchasers still feel today - a year plus into ownership of the watch??

rkny18, frazierspa and BlackTalon like this.
  7. Aussie Jim Feb 25, 2019

I "overpaid", a few months after release. I love the watch and can't see any good reason to move it one. It gets worn a few days per month. The interest has certainly not worn off. Not very many appearing on the secondary market after the first flush of flippers.

IMG_0094.jpg
    frazierspa, Ofan and Ambull like this.
  8. Travelller Feb 25, 2019

Congrats on your new2you minty ST :thumbsup: The ST(1) is a great SMP variant with a very special connection to both the Space program as well as the "moonwatch" community. I'm even willing to bet it will eventually bring you to purchasing a classic moonwatch, once you've spent more time with your ST and more time with the historical significance it and all moonwatches represent. I hope you will enjoy yours as much as I enjoy my Speedmasters ::psy::

[​IMG]

frazierspa and Ambull like this.
  9. time_trax Feb 25, 2019

Couldn't be happier. Original owner here and one of the last few dozen to take delivery (reserved Jan 10 2017, delivered Jan 12, 2018). I paired mine with a 1171/633 bracelet/endlink combo and between that and just about any other strap you throw at it (NATO, leather, nylon), the STLE looks amazing. I love the history behind it (Moonwatch pedigree, tribute to Alaska Project, first Omega offered online, etc.) and the overall design (matte finish, reverse panda) but it's subtle characteristics of the watch (radial dial, applied logo, hesalite, the LUME) that really set this one apart and make you remember that you've got something special. Wear it in good health!

Ambull likes this.
  10. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 25, 2019

Answer: No, we want it that way. Each thread is specialized ( at least as much as any thread is specialized around here :rolleyes:).
    Creating a giant mega thread with multiple focus areas would make it very cumbersome and difficult to utilize.
    Giant threads only work well with single purpose threads like the WRUW.

Remember too, up coming will be the future ST #3 & #4 threads :D.

Hans the Wolf and STANDY like this.
  11. 007007007 Feb 27, 2019

Such a big difference side by side

12. watchesandcoffee Mar 3, 2019

The COMBO! The light on this picture is perfect to highlight these watches. Well done!!!!
    For the ST, the bracelet is this combo mentioned above, right? 1171/633 bracelet/endlink

frazierspa and Travelller like this.
  13. Ambull Mar 3, 2019

For all the positives of my new ST, I will say that there is one blaring negative. Something that has certainly been said before, but is so true. Legibility. Holy Moly it sure can be hard to read the time sometimes. This morning I woke, looked at my watch and thought it was hours later than it was. I realized while drinking my coffee and glancing at the kitchen clock that I had misread the time, and wished I had stayed in bed for the lazy sunday mornings that I so enjoy.

One does learn how to tilt the watch just right to see the time in most situations but with morning groggy eyes, or in dark lighting, it is pretty much impossible to read the time with the ST1. This would absolutely be a deal breaker for me with any other watch, but there are just too many aspects with this watch that could never be replaced with another, so i am just going to learn to live with it...............

MTROIS and lustrousaurus like this.
  14. MCG555 Mar 3, 2019

Readability is overrated... :D

15. Travelller Mar 5, 2019

Thx :) Yes sir, the 1171/633 - works so well with the brushed ST ::love::

[​IMG]

frazierspa, MCG555 and snarkq like this.
  16. elmar2001 Mar 6, 2019

I need a ST1. Please do not show pictures any more, it is too expensive for me. ;)

frazierspa likes this.
  17. orlis Mar 6, 2019

A couple :)
    IMG_20190306_075019_489.jpg

18. FSG Oct 1, 2023

New owner here as well… long after initial frenziness…
    Now need to find the perfect strap! Looking at cordura as they seem to complement the watch perfectly

frazierspa likes this.
  19. frazierspa Oct 4, 2023

Congratulations! Enjoy!

FSG likes this.
  20. frazierspa Oct 4, 2023