Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. MH82 First Owner - SpeedyTuesday LE Jul 4, 2017

Rumoured or you bought it?

fskywalker likes this.
  2. chunkythebulldog Jul 5, 2017

Rumoured. Asking £10k who knows how close they got to that?
    I'm from Yorkshire there's not a hope in hell that I'd pay £10k for a £4k watch. When I get the call to collect mine I'm walking in with my Amex in one hand and less than £4k in cash in the other so hoping to get it for less than RRP.

Edited Jul 5, 2017
    Pun, fskywalker and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  3. BenjaminT Jul 5, 2017

No, I won't bother Arthur.

Ooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

[​IMG]

4. shutterlife Jul 5, 2017

I think I saw something on Omega Instagram about the first one in the States already delivered.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BV-e2-8DYY5/?taken-by=omega

5. Tik-Tok of Oz Jul 5, 2017

That's good to know. I'm not getting my hopes up as I'm on the wait list. Like most good things it happens when it happens.

fskywalker likes this.
  6. Vintagewtchzilla Jul 5, 2017

hi all

time for latest rumors ....

1. omega will sent a letter to the parents of the flippers regarding this bad behaviour.
    2. the ship from china with fresh panda fur is delayed so production of dials is on hold.
    3. all who ask if their watch is already produced will be ranked end of the list cuz arthur is mounting the casebacks himself.
    4. its summer go out and have fun

cheers

7. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jul 5, 2017

...he types, whilst drooling at the SpeedyTuesday on his wrist...;)...

8. redshark Jul 5, 2017

I Just found a Voicemail from Omega about my pickup location wich needs to be changed due to The fact that this location is not an AD anymore... Guess this is a good sign and The speedy Will be on its way

Also, my First post over here. Hi All!

9. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jul 5, 2017

^Welcome and congratulations. I had an arrival today, but 1171 bracelet as opposed to the ST, enough to get me excited though :)

[​IMG]

I'm ready.

10. Scepticalist Jul 5, 2017

I very much doubt they got £10k. Even a cursory search would find them for sale at £7.5k. Unless they found someone in leave of their senses I suspect they accepted an offer around £8-8.5k.

The dealer has zero incentive to discount it for you - they know how much it's already selling for and it will cost them nothing to simply return it to Omega. What are you going to do - buy one somewhere else?

11. bouske Jul 5, 2017

Where can you source a 1171 bracelet? Ebay only or can you actually order it directly from Omega? Thanks.

12. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jul 5, 2017

Any Omega Store.

13. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 5, 2017

The bad news is they are horribly expensive. Think ~£350 for what is in essence a rattly 1970s folded link design (in part). That said, they do suit a Speedy well though.

Cad290 likes this.
  14. bouske Jul 5, 2017

Great. Thanks! Thinking about getting one for my ST. 2 more questions:
    - In general should Omega Boutiques carry these in stock, or do they need to order from Switzerland?
    - Does the bracelet come with the necessary endlinks for using it with the ST, or do I need to buy that separately?

15. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 5, 2017

Well it is a Speedy bracelet originally, it was fitted from about 1970 to the late 80s so it should fit the 145.0022 case just fine i.e. modern Speedy Pro 20mm lugs. I have heard tales of having to persuade the end pieces to fit but in theory this shouldn't be an issue.

16. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jul 5, 2017

You can see the reference number in the sticker at the top of my photo, that ref includes the required 633 end links (see them in the bottom of the pack). Might depend where you go but mine was a 3 week wait.

fskywalker likes this.
  17. chunkythebulldog Jul 5, 2017

No I'm going to say put it on the Amex and you incur 4% charges or I'll pay you cash and you incur no charges and we'll split the difference. Worked in the past on a Nautilus with a 5 year waiting list so it's worth a try

MCG555 and fskywalker like this.
  18. bouske Jul 5, 2017

Thanks, that's very helpful. I live in Brazil and my prior experience tells me that the OB here doesn't really carry anything out of the ordinary, so I would likely need to have them order it or buy at another OB when I travel.

fskywalker likes this.
  19. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 5, 2017

They will probably tell you to shove your Amex and insist on Visa or MC. It's worked for them in the past.

Scepticalist, DLT222 and fskywalker like this.
  20. amiga500 Jul 5, 2017

If I can make a suggestion. It's highly unlikely any AD or OB is going to discount this for you. As an alternative, perhaps ask them to chuck in an Omega NATO strap (or two). It costs them next to nothing but they have a decent value and can be sold quite easily so you can recoup something. Just an idea

fskywalker likes this.