Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN Omega Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday 2 "Ultraman", Reference 311.12.42.30.01.001

1. arcadelt Oct 29, 2018

I'm selling an Omega Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday 2 "Ultraman", Reference 311.12.42.30.01.001. The watch is BNIB. Unfortunately the outer box has been slightly damaged in transit. Everything else, though, is perfect. All the sticker are intact, although I did take off the crystal sticker to take some some comparison photos with my Japan Racing. That sticker has been put back in place. The International warranty card has been duly filled out by the retailer.

Why am I selling? I liked the "Ultraman" because I thought it had enough of the look of the Speedmaster with Racing Dial from 1968 (no, not the one you are thinking of - the other one) that I would be able to substitute it for my JR, selling the JR for a profit to plow back into my watch collecting budget. Alas, in the flesh, that is not the case, so the "Ultraman" is being sold instead.

The price is ✶ US$7,650. (paid to me as ten thousand seven hundred and twenty Australian dollars). I'm always happy to negotiate, but before you send me an offer, please consider these three points:

(1) outside of a deal with your mate who scored one of these in the web-reservation crap shoot, this is the best price on an ST2 that you will find anywhere in the world right now - here, eBay, Chrono24, watchrecon, Facebook groups...everywhere.

(2) I'm not necessarily selling this to the first person who gets in touch. As I would like this to go to someone who would genuinely like to own it (yes, I see the irony there) I will sell it to the first person who fits that description and offers me close to what I am asking.

(3) I would prefer to see it stay in Australia, therefore tracked and signed-for domestic postage is included in the sale. I would also be open to a face-to-face transaction within a 200km radius of Cooma, NSW, and possibly also Sydney and Brisbane.

I will consider International shipping at the buyers cost, but we would need to have a detailed discussion about the method and insurance. Payment by direct deposit/wire is preferred, but this too can be discussed.

I've been a watch collector for 18 years, and have numerous references for purchases and sales through watch forums and eBay. Message me with any questions, or for extra high-resolution photos.

IMG_7796.jpg IMG_7797.jpg IMG_7798.jpg IMG_7799.jpg IMG_7800.jpg IMG_7801.jpg IMG_7802.jpg IMG_7803.jpg IMG_7804.jpg IMG_7805.jpg IMG_7806.jpg IMG_7807.jpg IMG_7808.jpg IMG_7809.jpg IMG_7809a.jpeg

PD2, queriver, fskywalker and 10 others like this.
  2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 29, 2018

Predict gone in < 1 hour. Don't waffle.

Jwit likes this.
  3. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Oct 29, 2018

Basically the same price I paid for mine at the OB in the US.

queriver and Jwit like this.
  4. BenjaminT Oct 29, 2018

Oh, what's there in the oven. Look's delicious.
    GLWS ;)

Jwit, Paedipod, acuae and 1 other person like this.
  5. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Oct 29, 2018

Nice price. No-one wears the box.

Jwit and gostang9 like this.
  6. gostang9 Oct 29, 2018

Surprised this doesn’t say SOLD yet (or at least OHPF).

I commend the seller on what seems to me the most truthful and plausible reason for selling (hoped to sell another for profit and plow into more collecting).

Also big kudos for listing below the many lofty asking prices and giving someone a chance to get it very close to original selling price (all in).

GLWS. :thumbsup:

Woops, queriver, Jwit and 1 other person like this.
  7. arcadelt Oct 30, 2018

Please excuse me, but I've had to attend to an important family matter this afternoon, and I think I'm going to take a break from this watch for a few days. Sorry, but the matter has left me with a heavy heart and I'm not focussed. You may see me pottering around on social media a bit, but that's just to distract my mind. Feel free to get in touch about the watch, but know that I probably will not respond for a couple of days. In the meantime, I promise not to sell the watch, but I will say up front that I have some strong offers on the table. That said, I promise this is genuine and not some bizarre sales tactic, and I have similarly put everyone "on hold" too. I will post here when I am ready to recommence.

8. fskywalker Oct 30, 2018

Great deal! Congrats to the future new owner :thumbsup:

9. arcadelt Nov 6, 2018

My apologies to those that showed interest, but the watch is withdrawn.

Atalien2005 likes this.