Omega Speedmaster/ Speedsonic Lobster, Omega Serviced, Boxed, Papers, The Best!

Evening all

Well, this is my first sales post but I can provide tons of references and already know many member from other forums

Anyway, I wouldn’t think it needs much introduction to Omega enthusiasts but just incase; The Omega Speedmaster 'Speedsonic' was introduced in the early 1970's as Omegas flagship chronograph, considerably more expensive than the moon watch or other Omega chronographs and the only one (other than the limited edition Speedy 125) that was Chronometer certified. The Speedsonic was an adaptation of Omegas mosaba movement or as we know it the F300, a mechanical movement which ran on a battery and was controlled by tuning forks which vibrated at a frequency of 300Hz

The movement was made under licence by Bulova, the chronograph version then adapted with basically and extra 'layer' for the chronograph operation. The movement in this watch was known as the Mosaba meaning 'montre sans balancier' translates for 'watch with no balance'

This particular type, the Cal 9210, which has a chronograph module atop the generic oscillator module of the 9162/4 and a modified drivetrain module. The chronograph module was developed in secret by Dubois Dépraz at the behest of ESA and was caused quite a stir when launched 1972 as the worlds first electronic Chronograph

The Speedsonic was made in a few variations, most well known is the standard cushion case Speedsonic which came in SS or Gold plate with a number of dial variations, less common and considerably rarer is the Speedsonic 'Lobster', know because in bracelet form the bracelet resembles a lobster tail.

The lobsters are rare watches and of the 10000 9210’s made in total production only a small percentage were lobster variant so to find one in this condition is very rare. As you can see from the attached adverts (images sources from www.old-omegas.com) when new these where flagship chronographs, costing 1/3rd more than the range topping flightmaster:

The watch has been fully serviced by the special restoration department at Swiss Time Services, this is a bespoke service to rare pieces to ensure their originality is maintained, it comes with the full balance of a two-year warranty! (as you might know servicing these really isn’t a cheap thing to do). The movement has been completely stripped, rebuilt and regulated to chronometer specifications, the case and BCT refinished and NOS crystal, seals, pushers and crown fitted.

This example is stunning, cosmetically it is perfect, it is serviced and running exactly as it should and really is a stand out example. It is presented in its original boxes, papers, tags, the lot! You have complete peace of mind that not only does it look great it will also work exactly as it should and comes with a two year Omega warranty.

Condition:

Case: Completely original and freshly refinished at Omega to factory specification.

Case-back: Completely original and refinished with very clear hippocampus

Dial and hands: Original mirror dial in stunning condition with original hands, these really are the stand out items on the Lobster along alongside the obvious appearance of the case and BCT!

Crystal/ Tachy: NOS replacement

Movement: Fully serviced and overhauled with two year Omega warranty

Bracelet: Mint, full size (up to a 9 inch, YES 9 inch wrist) and original with no stretching lobster bracelet in stunning condition, couple of very light marks on the a couple of links but nothing that detracts

The extra’s: Original inner box, original instructions, original hang tags, Original omega user guide

I am looking for a very firm £1950 for the full package! You will not find a nicer example, serviced, refinished, perfect lobster bracelet and a complete set, I would challenge anyone to show me a more complete, perfect example with a full two year Omega warranty

Payment via BT or paypal as a gift, shipping via RMSD or International signed for, watch is in Nottingham in the UK

Cheers Tom

Hi Tom,

is this watch still available for sale?

Best regards

JoergMCF

Hello Tom

I have the same question: did this watch sell? I have a Lobster but in only average condition so would love to upgrade. Please let me know.

RupertD