Forums Latest Members

Omega Speedmaster spaceflight ads & marketing ~ Defectum

1. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Mar 19, 2020

While working on the complete spreadsheet which will list all wristwatches ever worn during spaceflight missions, an effort by the Space Watches Facebook group, we already bumped into some bad marketing purposes by our beloved brand...
    MWU.jpg
    Before the already-discussed photoshopping of NASA-photo STS069-714046 in the mid-1990s, shown here above it looks like someone also thought it was better that Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin wore his Speedmaster on the left wrist in the well-known NASA-photo AS11-40-5903
    ::facepalm1:: ... Why ?

125_Ad_Photoshop.jpg

henrikaa likes this.
  2. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Mar 19, 2020

In all honesty, we have to confirm such bad practises belong to the past, knowing a few people at Omega with a passion for aviation/spaceflight

3. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Mar 20, 2020

However, modern 21st century marketing:

4. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Aug 5, 2020

Next to Spaceflight we'll have to add Astronomy & Astrophysics as Yerkes observatory near Williams Bay in Wisconsin, was named the Geneva observatory on the official Omega museum instagram this morning...
    Another failure ? Located next to Lake Geneva - Wisconsin, doesn't make it the Geneva observatory ... as far as I know :thumbsdown:
    Yerkes.jpg

5. madjestikmoose Can’t bat, can’t bowl Feb 26, 2024

An odd request perhaps, but if anyone could help I’d really appreciate it… I’m after some examples of modern-day Speedmaster advertising and/or marketing material… I’m particularly interested in the Omega Minute mailshots. Thanks in advance :)