Forums Latest Members
  1. Robjones0907 Dec 21, 2013

Hi all
    first time on here. My name is Robert jones from the uk. I was recently given a watch from dad with only bits of paperwork. I would like some information if anyone can help. The numbers I have are as follows. 3570-50-00, ref ST 105.003-65,(do some watches have the same ref number)? also Hw2782p could this be a repair number. Is this watch rare? As i would like to sell Maybe and buy a new omega. I was offered £1000 by a local jewellers but didn't trust him. Any information for be much appreciated. Rob

2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Dec 21, 2013

For this speedmaster that is a very low price offer but pictures are essential for you to receive an informed, specific opinion regarding your watch (including valuation)

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 21, 2013

Rob, the "ref number" is the same as the model number or model name, so all models like yours will have the same number. The individual serial number of your watch is located inside on the movement. We look forward to seeing pictures to tell you more.

4. Robjones0907 Dec 21, 2013

Thankyou for reply. My dad did have the watch serviced many years ago with omega and dad did ask for all the number from the inside. These are all the numbers that have been written down..
    rob

5. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 21, 2013

Rob, the value of these can vary quite a lot depending on condition and what parts were replaced during earlier servicing.

So we definitely need pictures of the dial, sides and back of the watch to help you gauge the value.

Regardless of all that though, the offer of £1000 was a complete rip off if the watch isn't a basket case with lots of incorrect parts. The movement alone should be worth £1000 or more.

6. Buck2466 Dec 21, 2013

Rob, you have definitely come to the right place for advice. There are many experts on here regarding Speedmasters that can give you a thorough evaluation and enjoy doing so. If you are hesitant on trying to take the case back off the back to get pictures of the movement inside, and don't want to risk any damage, just take it to a watchmaker, NOT the jerk you first took it to, and ask for him to take the case back off so you can take some pictures. Even if he charges a small fee, it may be worth it as you probably have something valuable on your hands. It all depends on what the condition of everything is and what parts were replaced during service and the experts will be able to spot all of this. Good luck, and let's see those pictures!

JohnSteed likes this.
  7. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Dec 21, 2013

A good condition and correct 105.003 - 65 will worth USD 3500-5000. Share us some pictures of your watch to have better assessment.

8. JohnSteed Dec 21, 2013

Rob,
    Smart of you to not trust that 'guy'. You've come to a great forum. lots of vintage Speedie knowledge here! Seen it & received help as a newbie myself. Post a few pics and test it out. Guys here are very generous as well, so you'll receive help - if you want it and ask nicely.

9. Robjones0907 Dec 21, 2013

Hi guys, thank you all very much for the comments. I will try and get more info on the watch. I will take some pictures and post them on here. Its very good condition so that's a good starting point. Rob

10. Robjones0907 Dec 22, 2013

View attachment 35877 View attachment 35875 View attachment 35876 View attachment 35874 Hi everyone. Heres just a few pictures. As you can see the previous owner to my dad scratch his name on the back( what a fool) My dad said all that was done when he sent it to omega in 92 was a service and omega tried to polish out the name but as you can see it's still visible. is it possible to get a replacement back but keeping it's originality?. Anyway I will post more picture of the workings when I take it to a good jewellers. feel free to comment. Rob

11. Habitant Dec 22, 2013

Hi Rob, I'm afraid your pictures aren't showing up. Try again?

12. Robjones0907 Dec 22, 2013

13. Robjones0907 Dec 22, 2013

14. speedyfan Dec 22, 2013

Hi Rob,

It seems that during its service Omega unfortunately replaced the original Dial, Hands, Bezel, Crown and bracelet.

15. Robjones0907 Dec 22, 2013

Thank you for reply. O dear, bad news then. I will tell my father. I have still got the receipt from the service which is £250 so they did a lot for that unless it was done before. Rob

16. Buck2466 Dec 22, 2013

To a collector, the value would be in the case and the movement as it has lost most of it's originality. You could spend a lot of time searching for the correct dial, bezel, and hands that the patina matches the dial, and return it to it's original look if that fancies you. Or, you could just enjoy it the way it is now and you still have one of the most iconic watches ever made.

SpikiSpikester likes this.
  17. Robjones0907 Dec 23, 2013

Hi everyone. does anyone know of a collector that will be interested in my watch in present condition?. thanks Rob

18. Robjones0907 Dec 23, 2013

Thank you for help everyone. Does anyone have a picture of the same watch as mine but original?. Would be nice to see The difference. Thanks Rob

19. flame Speedmaster Neil Dec 23, 2013

Hi Rob

Here you go....

[​IMG]

Best - Neil

Privateday7 and SpikiSpikester like this.
  20. Robjones0907 Dec 23, 2013

Wow, lovely looking watch. Why do omega change this stuff?. My dad said he didn't even ask them to do this.