Forums Latest Members
  1. miivan May 5, 2017

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and that's my first post. So I've made a very spontaneous purchase of vintage omega speedmaster reduced, without doing a proper research. So could you guys help we identify the model, approximate year and even authenticity of the watch. I am a bit sceptical, because I haven't seen a speedmaster with such bracelet, however everything else seems fine to me. The minutes hand for the chronometer does not align perfectly and it worries me a bit. Also after I set the time and then push the crown back in, the watch doesn't start, unless I give it a slight shake or hand-wind it. Could those be serious potential problems. I paid around 900 GBP ($1166). Do you think I overpaid?

Thank you in advance!

Here are some pictures:
    IMG_3415.jpg IMG_3417.jpg IMG_3426.jpg IMG_3431.jpg IMG_3434.jpg IMG_3435.jpg

2. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' May 5, 2017

Hi

And welcome to the OF. I am no pro, but am getting familiar.

First off, the 'model number' : this would be whats engraved in the case back. Yours appears to be a 175 0032. Googling this will yield a lot of information...also try the forum search -> you will get some hits.

Then the strap. Looks like a 1444 with 810 endlinks. It looks legit, but only someone with a indepth knowledge of the Reduced Speedmasters will really know (havent seen many of these folk on the forum), or lots of searching. Googling this will yield some hits.

Thats a start. Sorry I can't be of more assistance, am more into the bigger models...

Best regards,
    Eugene

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 5, 2017

1750032 is the case number, not the model/reference number of the watch. The watch is a 35105000, and the bracelet that normally comes with that is a 1469/811.

The movement looks to be in rather rough shape from what I can see - mix of odd screws for example is not usually a good sign.

I don't really follow the market on these, but yes I would say that is too much for a watch in the condition that one is in.

Cheers, Al

eugeneandresson likes this.
  4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 5, 2017

At this point nearly all reduced models you can buy will be in need of service when you get them unless you've got a recent receipt from a credible watchmaker with it. The servicing is not cheap at all, in Australian dollars it costs about 80% of what you paid for the watch itself. If its at all possible I'd consider returning and getting something else especially given Archer's remarks about the movement.

Sculler22 likes this.
  5. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' May 5, 2017

...my point (not many people know about these) exactly...couldn't even give a jump start without some bad info ::facepalm2:: (apologies) ...but if anybody would know about most watches posted on this forum, its Al...once again many thanks Al.

...so the reduced's are old enough, but not old enough to be 'vintage' where the case number was the model number...were these produced in that period that is now deemed 'the mistake period of Omega' (cant remember how Mr Stephen Urquhart dubbed it)?