Forums Latest Members

Omega speedmaster reduced strap size ?

1. mark2828 May 29, 2017

Hi everyone

Just a quick question I know that the speedmaster reduced version has a 18mm strap but against my better judgment I am thinking of putting mine on a nato strap and have been looking at the omega " spectre" grey & black bond NATO

The smallest size omega does is 19mm would this fit ?

Thanks

Mark

2. Willem023 May 29, 2017

I always like to match the watch's size and the width of the strap. It might look squeezed-in, if it will fit all-together.
    I would use your better judgement on this.

My 2Ksh

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 29, 2017

By a cheap NATO first to see if you like it. I'm pretty sure the Omega one will bunch.

Spend 8'dollars before you spend 150.

Willem023 likes this.
  4. mark2828 May 29, 2017

Thanks I think I may just get a cheap one first to test

Cheers

Mark

5. mark2828 May 30, 2017

Thanks again for the replies I went into the omega boutique and tried on a 19mm NATO it did fit

However they did not have the bond strap in stock , the sales guy basically told me to not bother waiting to order one and buy one on amazon so fair play to them I was ready to put one on order

So for the price of one omega OEM NATO I have purchased from a company called Zuludiver 3 natos and from another watch company 3 omega buckles

6. pancra Oct 29, 2019

Hey mark, what was the verdict on the 19mm on a Speedmaster Automatic? Did it fit well? I just got one and would love an original omega strap, but am concerned about the 18mm vs 19mm issue.

Thanks!