Omega speedmaster reduced minute hand not synced

Hello.
I have recently purchased a speedmaster reduced 3510.50.00. The problem is that when I set the time the minute hand doesn’t start moving until 30 seconds after I have pressed the crown in. The seconds are moving just fine.

Is this normal for this watch?

Thanks in advance.

Hello.
I have recently purchased a speedmaster reduced 3510.50.00. The problem is that when I set the time the minute hand doesn’t start moving until 30 seconds after I have pressed the crown in. The seconds are moving just fine.

Is this normal for this watch?

Thanks in advance.

It's a mechanical watch.
There is a certain amount of free play between the wheels in the "gear train", known as backlash.
In some movements this is not noticeable, but in others (cheap Chinese mechanical movements) there is significant backlash.
Try adjusting your watch by moving 10 minutes ahead of time, and then backwards to the correct minute and push the crown in.
Let's know if that fixes it.

It's a mechanical watch.
There is a certain amount of free play between the wheels in the "gear train", known as backlash.
In some movements this is not noticeable, but in others (cheap Chinese mechanical movements) there is significant backlash.
Try adjusting your watch by moving 10 minutes ahead of time, and then backwards to the correct minute and push the crown in.
Let's know if that fixes it.

Thanks for the reply. This didn't help with the issue, but since diving deeper i have found out that this may be normal. Should i be alarmed that there is slack when i turn the crown, i can turn in 1/10 of the way without the hands moving?

Mine takes 10-20 seconds for the minute hand to start and 0-5s for the seconds hand. When setting it each week (it gains about 7s per day) I make an allowance for that. In addition it's the only chronograph I own that has a running second hand so I don't find that useful.

It's normal behavior for many watches. Different movements act differently. You should do an experiment with 100 watches from different manufacturers and publish the results.

Due to the compound nature of the movement used in the Reduced, which actually starts life as a regular 3 hander with a module added to perform the chrono functions, there is a setting lag which makes getting the seconds spot on pretty tricky. What you are seeing is perfectly normal behaviour for this less than perfect (IMO) modular movement.

It's normal behavior for many watches. Different movements act differently. You should do an experiment with 100 watches from different manufacturers and publish the results.
I'd like to volunteer for that task Sir!
Please send the 100 watches to .....