Forums Latest Members
  1. SC1 Sep 12, 2019

Just took delivery of an Omega Speedmaster Reduced #3539.50 (with the newer oval'ish clasp) as an early birthday gift to myself that my wife is unaware of because she typically forgets my birthday anyway ...

I need to remove some links but am unfamiliar and inexperienced with the process -- I've only resized bracelets with screw-pin type links: the type that are on my Seamaster '57 Trilogy bracelet.

Worth attempting on my own or should I just take it to someone locally?

If I were to do it myself*:
    A. Do the pins have collars or sleeves in the links?
    B. When putting the pin back into the link does it go in the same direction that I removed it (with the orientation arrows that are engraved on the inside of the removable links) or does the pin go back in the opposite direction (against the orientation arrows) or does it not matter?
    C. Are the links a single piece or are they two-piece links with a center section?
    D. Any other things I should be aware of or informed of before undertaking the process?

*I do have a pin hammer, pushers and a bracelet block -- just haven't ever had the need to use them until perhaps now.

20190911_183449-01.jpeg

Thank you...

-Scott

Edited Sep 12, 2019
  2. SC1 Sep 12, 2019

Hello, anyone out there?

Would really love to get this beauty fitted and on my wrist!

3. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Sep 12, 2019

Nice watch. If the bracelet is similar to the one that was on a Seamaster I used to own, then A would be 'yes'. B would be 'yes, it goes back in the same direction it came out' (the direction of the arrow). C, I think the link is a single piece and D, sometimes you have to hit the pin pretty hard with the hammer. I bent one once trying to put it back in.

There are some good videos on this subject too. Good luck.

SC1 likes this.
  4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Sep 12, 2019

If you're lazy like me and live near an Omega Boutique, they'll do it free of charge.

SC1 likes this.
  5. SC1 Sep 12, 2019

Thank you... and just for clarity: So if I push the pin through the link following the engraved arrow direction (and for the sake of this let's say the arrow faces downward so I push the pin downward and out the bottom of the link) you are saying, when I put that pin back into the link, I drive the pin back through the top of the link downward again -- the same way as I started the process... is that correct?

6. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Sep 12, 2019

Correct.

SC1 likes this.
  7. SC1 Sep 12, 2019

Perfect, understood, thank you!

blufinz52 likes this.