Forums Latest Members

Omega Speedmaster Reduced Advice Needed

1. ColeyStation Oct 28, 2015

Hello, this is my first post on the forum, so thanks in advance for your help. I am interested in the watch below and wanted to make sure everything looked ok on this watch before I contacted the seller. I know this model is not very popular, but for the size and price point I think it may be the best fit for my first Omega. Thanks again!

https://omegaforums.net/threads/ome...ic-3510-50-with-2-year-warranty-reduced.30486

2. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Oct 28, 2015

I'm typically very long winded, so since you asked for Reduced Advice, here's my attempt at brevity:
    Buy.
    Ok, here's more...
    You know why folks don't like them, and you know why you like it.
    The ETA time movement is a reliable workhorse. The Dubois-Depraz chronograph module is very high quality, but not easy to repair. This has been my only reservation about the Reduced: repair costs.
    But this example was just serviced, appears to be in excellent condition, and has box/papers/receipt for repair. If this is the watch you want, I doubt you'll find a better example at a better price. Just know when you put your wear on it, you might not recoup your investment IF you decide to sell.

3. base615 Oct 28, 2015

I'm a fan of the Reduced and had one for years. I miss it but a friend of mine was going to wear it more than me so I moved it on. This one looks good so go for it I say.

4. OmegaSean Oct 29, 2015

You can't go far wrong with buying from an OF member :)

OmegaSean

5. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Oct 29, 2015

I well understand about the realities of a budget, but . . . I know that as soon as I had unpacked it and put it on, as I looked at it, I'd be wishing it was a Professional!

6. base615 Oct 29, 2015

It's a totally different watch than the Speedmaster Professional. I had both for a while and wore them in different situations. Budget aside, some people prefer a smaller watch or prefer an automatic.

7. ColeyStation Oct 29, 2015

Thank you for all of the reduced advice. I love the professional but the size is too large for my wrist and I agree this is a totally different watch. Thanks again for your help!

8. abrod520 Oct 29, 2015

I'd look for an old Seamaster chrono from the '60s if the Speedmaster Pro is too large for your wrist. Or a "Poor Man's Heuer" from Hamilton etc

9. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Oct 30, 2015

dont go by others ... go by what makes you happy (watchwise)

10. trama Oct 31, 2015

I've enjoyed mine for 25 years. Repairs have never been an issue.