Omega Speedmaster Reduced (3510.50) - yes or no?

I’m in need for some suggestion…
I have a small wrist and the Omega Speedmaster is a bit too big for my wrist. So, I have been pondering over the alternatives and the Speedmaster Reduced seem to be a good option (to me).

Where I need your inputs:
1. What are the main drawbacks of this watch?
2. Given these are available in the second-hand market, what is a fair price

Thnx!!
-avra

welcome, avra

ad 1: I like this "small" chrono. Purists will not let you enter at a SPEEDMASTER-meeting ;)

ad 2: Make some own research at C24 (-20 %) and here on OF (sales)

(There is a site on www for this watch, bob s watches and threequaterplate)
Edited:

Like 1
have you considered something from the speedmaster date or speedmaster racing ranges?

there are a good number of automatic speedmasters from the early 2000's in the 40mm size range that might be worth your consideration, I went with a speedmaster date 40mm for my first speedmaster, its a 7750 base type movement, so the subdial arrangement is not the same as the pro, but the price tends to be reasonable, and there isnt as much of a stigma around getting it serviced as you might find with the speedy reduced, that said this is also highly dependent on where in the world you are located, as at least locally for me I havent found that the watchmakers around me are concerned about the module on the reduced.

Like 1
I’m in need for some suggestion…
I have a small wrist and the Omega Speedmaster is a bit too big for my wrist. So, I have been pondering over the alternatives and the Speedmaster Reduced seem to be a good option (to me).

Where I need your inputs:
1. What are the main drawbacks of this watch?
2. Given these are available in the second-hand market, what is a fair price

Thnx!!
-avra
I have recently come to understand the charm of this watch, not as a moonwatch alternative, but as a quirky little watch in its own right. Sure, it's an ETA caliber, but the size, style, and especially tritium-lumed versions, particularly for the price point, makes it a compelling package in my humble opinion. What size is your wrist? To answer your questions:
1. I think the main drawback is the service cost of the modular chronograph movements, relative to the cost of the watch, so better to look for recently serviced examples.
2. I see examples on c24 for as low $1700-1800, but I would expect to pay closer to $2000 or even $2500 if you want a nice tritium example, recently serviced, perhaps even with boxes or papers if you're lucky / if you care.

Like 3
Speedmaster 38mm are available ... and equipped with caliber 321 !

Fallout Boy: Thnx for the welcome and the pointers! As you are probably understanding by now - I am very new to this. So, if I may ask...
- Is there any additional value of getting the papers of a watch which was made in late 1990's other than for nostalgia?

noels: I considered those as well, but somehow I am pulled towards the look of the reduced...

jspdl: Thanks for the details! I am also attracted by the dimensions and the look. How is the WR on the Speedmaster reduced in real life, since it is only 3bars?

Fallout Boy: Thnx for the welcome and the pointers! As you are probably understanding by now - I am very new to this. So, if I may ask...
- Is there any additional value of getting the papers of a watch which was made in late 1990's other than for nostalgia?

noels: I considered those as well, but somehow I am pulled towards the look of the reduced...

jspdl: Thanks for the details! I am also attracted by the dimensions and the look. How is the WR on the Speedmaster reduced in real life, since it is only 3bars?
I think papers are relatively unimportant for watches outside of the warranty period and for watches with low counterfeit risk. That said, I do like to have one of the box or papers if possible as a bonus, but never to make up for inferior condition.

Re: waterproofness, I generally follow a guide like this, which is to say only take watches in the pool with a 100m+ rating: https://www.watchresearcher.com/watch-water-resistance/

I also have a small wrist, and standard size Speedmasters do tend to look a tad big on my wrist.

There is a world of 33.5-38mm chronos out there that gives me the same joy at a adequate size for my wrist :)
It does not answer your questions, just to give you another perspective, if you are new to the hobby :)PXL_20240501_195931218.jpg PXL_20240503_201131605.MP.jpg PXL_20240427_111756896.MP.jpg

As above….
Plenty of vintage with smaller size
IMG_8471.jpeg
IMG_8470.jpeg