Forums Latest Members

Omega speedmaster racing question

1. Prieto9000 Oct 3, 2016

I've been looking at this model and have found very few of them out there.
    What is it with this watch that makes it a little undesirable?? I think the one with the white dial black markers is pretty nice.
    Maybe I'm accusing it of being non desired, and that's not the case. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    What makes it the cheapest speedy out there??

Sent from my iPhone

2. arcadelt Oct 3, 2016

It's probably that it's overshadowed by its flight-qualified cousin.

3. meganfox17 Oct 3, 2016

Hi @Prieto9000
    How many wrist hours per day does your new Love GSOTM enjoy [emoji14]i honestly like the Speedy Racing subdials design & it's much cheaper but....it's waaaayyyyy... behind Rolex,Tag Heuer & Blancpain who have Solid Motor Racing Pedigree[​IMG]Heck! I dont see any Omega signboards at the annual Monte Carlo Formula 1 Grand Prix[​IMG]I always assumed Tag Heuer's Cal 1887 had a better smoother chronograph operating system

Omega's Cal 3330 = Makeup +(remove vertical clutch )+ moisturizer+Apply Co Ax + Add Column wheel foundation to Valjoux 7750 + conceal blemishes+Ready Set Go [emoji41]

Edited Oct 3, 2016
  4. Prieto9000 Oct 3, 2016

I love my GSOTM!!!! It's not my daily wearer though because I'm afraid I break it (I'm in the construction business), but I do enjoy a lot wearing it, I've been getting a lot of compliments lately.

About the 1887 I had the idea it was just a better finished 7750 with no mayor changes to it. As opposed to the 3330 that even has a different subdial arrangement. I had no idea that the 3330 was based on the 7750 but from what you say it sound like they went into a lot of trouble to pimp it up.

I'll stay away from it anyway, I'll stick to the moonwatches. Lets see how my new speedy '57 behaves. I just ordered the buckle and strap from omega, the one I tried at the OB came like this and it looked absolutely beautiful.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone

5. abrod520 Oct 3, 2016

The 1887 is based on a Seiko design, so even though it shares the same distinctive dial layout it's a different movement.

6. speedy57 Oct 5, 2016

I think some don't see it as authentic racing watch and it is overshadowed by the moon watches. But I don't agree with that. I enjoy mine, I've had it a year and it gets on the wrist for a day every week or two in rotation with all my other watches. Still met, still fun to wear!
    image.jpeg

JohnGreen300, GregH and meganfox17 like this.
  7. JohnGreen300 Oct 28, 2016

First post here, been hovering around various forums and decided to pitch in here, this was my first watch, seems to have started something. Loved it and still do! No complaints it was running +6s per day when I first had it, it was virtually unworn and seemed to be around +4s per day a year later, just wound it and set it this morning curious to see how it's running after a few months in a safe.

Two issues I've noticed are the illegibility of the dial where the sub dial intersects at 3 & 9.

Also I find it a little tedious to set, I set mine slightly ahead of the minute I want and after the first rotation of the minute hand it lines up perfect. If I start the watch with the seconds hand at its 12 and the minute hand bang on a minute marker, the minute hand will be slightly off the markers after one rotation. I'm a little OCD with my minute markers/hand [emoji12]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk