Forums Latest Members

Omega Speedmaster Racing 44.25mm concern

1. Imagohp Aug 8, 2020

Hi guys, new to this forum here. Half a year ago I bought this stainless steel piece with the orange hands. I really enjoyed the look of it and fit nicely on the wrist. Yesterday when I was trying to adjust the time( in the 3rd position) while the watch is not fully wound, I noticed that the second hand was moving as well for a few seconds. I am not sure if I have damaged anything and I shouldn’t be adjusting anything while the watch is not fully wound. Need your guy’s’ expertise here.

2. Meme-Dweller Aug 8, 2020

Moving for a few seconds or moved a little while you were adjusting the time? Does it happen if you hack the time again (repeatability)?

3. Imagohp Aug 8, 2020

Move for a few seconds. After then, I stopped adjusting and put back to position 1 and fully wounded it. Readjust the time and didn’t happen.

4. Blackdog Aug 11, 2020

Your description is of the hacking function not fully engaging when pulling the crown to the time setting position.
    I don't believe it has any relation to the winding of the watch, this is likely a keyless issue (the cam/lever mechanism that controls the different functions of the crown on the different settings).
    I've seen this happen on different watches occasionally, and in general is a non issue.
    If it does it rather often, then the keyless might need adjustment.