Forums Latest Members
  1. kdent49 Mar 19, 2018

I'm in the market for a pre-owned Omega Speedmaster Pro. Some come in red boxes and others come in the black collectors box with NATO strap, another backing, collectors box. When did the Speedy Pro come with this box? I'm interested in a 3572.50, but they come in red boxes. Is the red box the original packaging? When did Omega start doing the black box?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MrJKLFoams Mar 25, 2018

2014 when omega celebrates 45th anniversary of Apollo 11. They used to be on that red box then this black collectors box set let me say mysterious black box.

3. larryganz The cable guy Mar 25, 2018

It was about 4 years ago the introduced the new box and a new bracelet for the watch that uses screws instead of pins and bushings. That propped up the price another $750 I think.

I just bought a 3572.50 that came in Tuesday with no box, and then I bought the big moon watch box separately on eBay for $250 with everything included except the 2 extra straps (includes outer and inner box, tool, loupe, medallion, manual, and card holder).

PS: I offered a guy here on OF $350 a few weeks ago for his, and was practically accused of being a douche by the seller with no posts for making a low ball offer that was actually quite fair. I'm glad he refused so I could save another $100. The eBay seller was asking $500 or best offer, and I low balled him $250 expecting the price to climb to $350 by my 3rd and final try. He accepted my first offer, and broke his hand punching the wall afterwards.

Smisen likes this.