Forums Latest Members

Omega Speedmaster Professional 145022- ST 76 real or fake?

1. MJ10 Feb 25, 2015

Hi, I bought an Omega watch from a coworker around 17 years ago and has been sitting in my toolbox since then. I'm planning to sell it, just not sure if is authentic or fake, and if is real, looking for an advice regarding send it for service and repair or sell it as is, or maybe keep it. Don't know much about watches, I don't even wear any, ever.
    I don't know where to start other than here.

I really will appreciate any advice omega.jpg omega 1.jpg omega 2.jpg omega 3.jpg .

Thanks.

2. Davidt Feb 25, 2015

Real but missing the bezel.

Does it have a silver ring around the edge of the dial or is this just reflection? It should say 't Swiss made t' under 6 o'clock.

If your selling, don't bother with service. About 8 pics, front, back sides etc. you won't get back what it will cost you to service it.

Boss and MJ10 like this.
  3. MJ10 Feb 25, 2015

Thanks for the response, I can't see T SWISS MADE T on dial.

4. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Feb 25, 2015

Funny. You don't know much about watches but you know enough to blurr the end of the movement serial number.

JG808 and HeuerLoon like this.
  5. MJ10 Feb 25, 2015

I'm looking for help and advice, mean and rude people please stay away. I don't see the connection of photography with watches. Once again rude and sarcastic people please stay away.

Boss likes this.
  6. Boss Feb 25, 2015

Looks real. My advice for you is: spend some money and restore it, just use an authorized Omega shop or a reputable shop. This is a vintage watch, restoration is not cheap, I just got mine serviced and cost me $675.00 USD. If you keep it and wait some years the price on this watch will go up. Or follow Davidt3449 advice and sell it as is.
    Smart move blurring a serial number digit, that will upset a few thieves, using this kind of information for bad things. Ignore people like Gemini4.

Edited Feb 25, 2015