Forums Latest Members
  1. Frustrated Aug 24, 2016

Omega Speedmaster Problems
    (I am not sure of the model number. I think it is coaxial)

Hello. I am a new member posting for the first time.
    I have had much trouble with this watch and really would like advice where to have it serviced properly.
    I am happy to send it overseas if recommended.

- 2009 -I bought an Omega speed master in Syddney at Watches Of Switzerland in 2009 & it broke on me within one month.

- 2010 - A year later it was loosing an hour a day. It went in for repairs agin.

- 2012 - It was loosing approximately an hour a day. I had it serviced again.

- 2013 - The hands fell off in 2013 and serviced again at Omega in Sydney.
    - 2016 - Now in 2016 the watch has stopped working.

The watch is only worn on weekends so sees very little use.
    I really do not trust the workmanship at Omega Sydney. Are there any decet independent repairers in Australia?
    If there are not, I travel to Japan once in a while. Are there any recommended repairers in Tokyo or Nagoya.If not is it worth sending it to the UK or else where?
    I really want to have this watch serviced properly & working again as it is a beautiful watch.
    If I have left out any information which you require please let me know.

Thanking you all in advance.
    All input & advice is appreciated.

20160813_132656.jpg 20160813_132601.jpg 20160813_132629.jpg
  2. SydneyWatchmaker Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 24, 2016

Good Ol 3313 movements. I think it would be worthwhile we spoke via PM to sort your issue out. As a watchmaker and having owned something very similar to this, I know most of the issues. I'm Omega qualified as well. These are great movements when they run right.

Saber333, w.finkenstaedt and dsio like this.
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 24, 2016

Hello,

Your watch is a Ref. 31130445001002, and yes it has a Cal. 3313 and that is a co-axial escapement movement. Not a movement you should entrust to just any watchmaker, so if you are unwilling to have Omega work on it again, you need to find someone who has an Omega parts account, and has been trained on servicing co-axial escapements. I would also ask specifically if they work on these movements a lot, because not many do...

Sounds like you have had some bad luck with this one, and the service center is letting you down - you could also ask for the watch to be sent to Bienne for servicing, rather than have the local service center do it. Given the history I think you could make a good case to have them send it where you want it to go...

Cheers, Al

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 24, 2016

Though he only has one post, Jake ( @SydneyWatchmaker ) in the post above is a fully Omega trained independent watchmaker based out of Sydney and is probably your best port of call.

5. SydneyWatchmaker Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 24, 2016

I have to say, Archer is correct. Make sure wherever you go that you research the hell out of the person before doing so. Some watchmakers know other watchmakers with Omega accounts, like myself. I haven't had the chance to look into the accounts yet.
    Nice to meet you Archer. I have heard many many good things about your work. Next time I do my Banff and Whistler trip, it would be good to meet as I've heard you are a true gentleman.
    Thanks.

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 24, 2016

Nice to meet you too. Any time you are in my neck of the woods let me know. Just be aware that geographically what you said compared to my location is like me saying to you that: Next time I'm in Perth we should have a coffee! ;)

Cheers, Al

7. SydneyWatchmaker Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 24, 2016

Ahahahha. Either way I'll get there one day.
    Keep ticking mate,
    JT

8. Frustrated Sep 13, 2016

To all who have chipped in with advice, I really do appreciate it. I appologise for not having replied sooner but I have been in an area of the world where there is absolutely no internet connection.

SydneyWatchmaker I will PM you. Thank you.

In regards to sending it to Bienne, can I contact them directly & send it straight to them? Or do I have to go through the Omega centre where I am in Sydney? Whom by the way are being quite difficult. I appologise for seeming ignorant but this is all a bit new to me.

If I can send it straight to Bienne do any of you know their contact details?

I should have joined this forum when the watch first stopped working.

Thanking you all.

9. Fordex Sep 13, 2016

I called Bienne directly and they were very helpful with my issue. Good luck!

Perseus likes this.