Forums Latest Members

Omega Speedmaster NEW Chrono Hand

1. BarretHC1 May 15, 2019

Hey all, I had posted a couple weeks ago about an Omega Speedy Mk II that wouldn't reset. The chronograph second hand would reset every time to 1:00 position instead of 12, just out of the blue. And would reset to 1:00 every time no matter where it was coming from.
    Anyway, I brought it to an Omega Boutique. They said the chronograph second hand had to be replaced. I agreed, they did it, and I got the original back in a box. Then I started reading how there are tools out there that some watch makers have that allow the 're-fitting' of old/used hands on the pinion. I guess they 'squeeze' or tighten the older hand tube around the pinion; and it works? Anyway, just wondering if it's true. lol I have the new white hand flying around the dial, and that's fine because I'm not selling it. However, it would've been nice to have the original retrofitted incase I wanted to...

2. ext1 May 15, 2019

Just find the right watchmaker and you'll be fine. Just don't do it yourself, it will likely lead to an expensive mistake

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 16, 2019

It depends on what the actual problem is with the hand. There are repairs that can be done, but without knowing specifically what is wrong with your hand, difficult to say what the repair would be like...

Motik likes this.