Forums Latest Members
  1. Vine Feb 12, 2020

Hey Guys,

I'm new to this forum and fairly new to collecting watches. I made my first big vintage purchase on the weekend, an Omega Speedmaster MKII Telestop Racing, from from a seller called 'fullywound' on eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Omega-Te...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

After making the purchase and receiving what I felt were insufficiently transparent responses from the seller I started doing a bit of research on them and came across numerous posts on this forum regarding some of his previous sales. Admittedly I should have done my research before placing a bid, but I trusted their excellent feedback rating on eBay.

Obviously after reading the many posts on this forum and seeing that they'd actually been banned from here I decided to pull out and request a full refund which I received today.

My question to you guys is, would you consider this watch to be as described in their listing, or is there anything suspicious looking to you?

Thanks.

2. Vine Feb 12, 2020

... oh and the price I paid (and was refunded) was £3,900.

3. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Feb 12, 2020

4. Vine Feb 12, 2020

Ah, thanks for sharing I didn’t see that discussion.

so it sounds like maybe it was potentially a good purchase after all. I did question the racing dial and asked for the Extract if Archives to confirm both “Telestop” and “Racing” dial, in which case I’d assume it was legit and I guess pretty rare.

In the end I just didn’t feel comfortable going through with it after reading all the negativity about the seller on this forum.

I did ask after purchasing it (I know too late) if he could share any information about the previous owners or where he acquired it but he just replied “we don’t have that information”. Basically the responses to what I felt were perfectly reasonable questions where just a few words. This seemed pretty off after spending nearly £4K on a watch.

Gav1967 likes this.
  5. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Feb 12, 2020

unfortunately i know little about that model but had read the thread and was just trying to point you in the right direction. I'm sure if you reach out in the other thread those who are more informed will assist.
    all the best

6. Vine Feb 12, 2020

Ok great thanks!

7. Fatcat Feb 12, 2020

Hi Vine if the extract of the archives say you telestop and dial type » not mentioned » you are safe, i have saw 3 or 4 years ago a similar watch or maybe was already the same but i can be legit , in terms for price not a bad price for a watch in that state , i got mine 2 years ago, and i missed one in a auction , 3 years ago they gone for 1500£ more or less , mine cost me already 2.5£ including a full service , there is only 50 of them making a rare watch ( rare means not always expensive) you can be proud owning it.

Paul

8. Vine Feb 12, 2020

Hey Paul, thanks for your reply. Well it sounds like perhaps it could have been a potentially good purchase, but its cancelled now.

It just didn’t feel right after all the comments here about the seller ‘fullywound’.