Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedmaster MKII racing, the ultimate set, serviced, perfect condition, original dial

1. Tom Dick and Harry Feb 18, 2016

evening all

This is (in my humble opinion) about the best MKII speedy out there, it has recently returned from full spa treatment, which has resulted in it being pretty much as new.

IMG_0377.JPG

The case has been laser welded and lapped to remove even the tiniest of imperfections, the movement overhauled and quite frankly it is as good as they come with no loss of ‘meat’ or profile and perfect angles

IMG_0378.JPG

The watch (unlike so many) is an original racing dial MKII, the dial is stunning and one of the best tritium dials I have ever seen, the hands are NOS replacement (original hands and all the parts will be supplied), its also had a new crystal

IMG_0379.JPG

The movement is perfect, fully serviced and overhauled and comes with the full balance of a 24 months’ warranty. The movement dates to 1969

IMG_0380.JPG

It is presented on a NOS genuine period Omega band with buckle and also burgundy rally band with original Omega buckle. The watch is in the original chronograph box (white and black the same as the crater box, not the usual crap run of the mil red one) with original tag and also original guarantee booklet (back page is missing)

IMG_0385.JPG

I genuinely think this is the ultimate MKII racing, its complete perfect and sorted. The Case genuinely is as good as new, case back is perfect as you can see and the original tritium dial is absolutely stunning

IMG_0384.JPG

Here is a vid of the watch post the completion of the work to give you an idea of how good it is

I am looking for £1850 shipped worldwide (International signed for) or RMSD

Payment via BT or PayPal (gift or you cover the fees)

Edited Feb 18, 2016
  2. ConElPueblo Feb 18, 2016

Dear God that looks great!

This may be a silly question, but are the NOS hands with tritium?

Spacefruit likes this.
  3. Tom Dick and Harry Feb 18, 2016

Good point

I believe they are trit, they're at least 10 years old but I will check, I've got a full set of original 1960's tritium hour and minute hands but the lume isn't as a good a match as these to the dial (hands are more honey toned) but will happily include these in the sale for 100% confidence of the new owner! So they will have:

* the original tritium hands which where removed
    * the new hands fitted
    * a spare set of 'honey'd' new old stock trit minute and hours hands

Can't say fairer than that

EJohn and ConElPueblo like this.