Forums Latest Members
  1. Tim Walker Nov 21, 2019

Hi,
    Does anyone know the water resistance rating for a Mark 4?
    How long should the power reserve be? I’m only getting 24 hours max, is there anything I can do to improve that?
    Thanks!

2. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Nov 21, 2019

Hi Tim,
    Yes you should be getting more than 24 hours power reserve, I have no idea of actual numbers but I cannot imagine any movement has a power reserve that low. And the solution is to get it serviced. At service the seals will be changes and it will be pressure tested so you can be more confident in terms of water resistance.

3. Tim Walker Nov 21, 2019

Thanks Shaun, It was restored by Omega about 10 years ago and has only been used for maybe 10 days since. Would it need servicing again after so little use? Should I wind it up all the way before wearing it? I'm worried about overwinding. Thanks!

4. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Nov 21, 2019

The oils in the movement may well dry up even though the watch is not being worn. And generally most watchmakera recommend a service every 5 - 7 years even if the watch is running well.
    The mark 4 is automatic so are you wearing and winding?
    Assuming there are no mechanical problems you cannot overwind a watch. On a manual wind you reach a point when it is fully wound and cannot wind further without obviously strong force. And an automatic watch (that can be manually wound) has a clutch making overwinding impossible.

5. Tim Walker Nov 22, 2019

Thanks for the info Shaun! I’ve been winding it just to get it started.