Forums Latest Members
  1. laikrodukas Aug 27, 2014

Hi,

This is quite out of my affordability range but still :) If it is totally OK I would go for it
    Do not have the movement photo.

It's priced at 666 EUR

Dial, hands, bracelet are those original?

I have only found 1 item in ebay's sold listings for this :/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dogmann Aug 27, 2014

Hi laikrodukas,

I'm by no means an expert but that price is in the way to good to be true category so unless you can collect and pay for it in person I would exercise extreme caution before saying good bye to your money. The watch looks in fairly good condition and could easily be made to look mint without to much expense and it all looks original to me but that price would make it an absolute bargain or a major scam as you wouldn't receive the watch. I would say a lot depends on the seller and what protection you would have after you pay for it if the deal goes wrong but as I said I would proceed with extreme caution if it was my money.

Marc

3. Poday Aug 27, 2014

The bracelet also appears to be cobbled together from two different bracelets. Notice the very different links at the end of the 6 o'clock side. It's not impossible to find a replacement for the bracelet, but that's going to run you another $300 or so when you find it.

4. Emeister Donut-eatin desk-divin wannabe-astronaut fat dude Aug 27, 2014

I'd say go for it.
    I've had a couple of these (possibly slightly worse) at similar prices ( & admittedly a couple of years ago) so don't let that put you off. Just be safe as usual with your purchase arrangement.

Agree that the bracelet is not the best and the crystal looks strange to me but these are all upgradable/replaceable over time.
    These were available on perforated leather straps originally, as an option to the bracelet, so you might like to experiment, though I highly doubt you'll ever find an original Omega leather strap.

If it's a stretch money-wise now remember they are only ever likely to increase.

If you can get it and wear it then as I said before you can gradually improve it.
    From what I can see I like the dial, tachy and the minute and hour hands but the two larger, central chrono hands could look better if replaced.

If you want inspiration of what can be done have a look at this thread on TZ-UK
    http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?216809-Lapping-machine-case-example-pics-on-page-3/page5
    The whole thread is amazing but posts 166 and 167 (page 5 on my computer) specifically show the welding and relapping of a Speedmaster MKIII.

Good luck.

Ian

5. laikrodukas Aug 28, 2014

Thanks!

This would be buying in person.
    I need some manual for this watch so I could test it because there is too many hands for me to understand
    4 hands in the center? Hour, minute, chrono and... ?
    2 hands on left subdial 24 hour and chrono register?
    Bottom subdial is 12min chrono register?

6. Georgieboy58 Aug 28, 2014

The hand in the center with the wings is actually the minutes register, bottom dial the 12 hour register.
    Left is 24 hour and permanent second.

7. lando Aug 28, 2014

8. sulaco Aug 29, 2014

The price is ok for its condition. The large chrono second hand is not correct, it should look different. I like the case, it has marks, but the edges are still sharp, if you buy it be advised that these watches really are head heavy, you have to wear them tight on your arm otherwise you bang them on a desk everytime you lay your hand on one. The crystal can be changed or polished if its too much scratched and as already said, somebody did enlarge the bracelet with some extralinks from a different bracelet.
    The movement has to work nicely, otherwise it has to be serviced and these Lemania based automatic movements
    need special attention by somebody who knows how to work on them. (due to the double Chrono feature in the center)