Forums Latest Members

Omega Speedmaster LE "Snoopy Award"

1. Pawnguy Jan 23, 2017

Hello I was able to pickup a Snoopy Speedmaster Professional a few weeks ago and decided to put away my 2-tone blue face for a bit. I loved the snoopy watch. Couple questions about it. What would the chances of me finding a box for it? What is this model called? Anything special I need to know about it. I own several Omega watches in my collection but this is the first I've decided to wear. Thanks in advance.

IMG_4460.JPG IMG_4462.JPG
    duc, red crowned and Jwit like this.
  2. cvrle1 Jan 24, 2017

No idea about the box, but model is Speedmaster Professional “Snoopy Award.” 3578.51

3. gee_cee Jan 24, 2017

Do you have the authenticity certificate for it? As far as I understand it both the snoopy dial and caseback are/were available, and without the paperwork confirming it to be one of the original snoopy LE's it could also be a regular speedmaster with the above retrofitted. This would have an implication on value.

lando likes this.
  4. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Jan 24, 2017

LooL

Now he will enter the doubt world whether he got right watch or not :)

5. gee_cee Jan 24, 2017

That was kind of the idea - would hate to think of someone being duped and paying the massive premium on these if it's not what it was sold as. A regular speedmaster with fitted snoopy dial and caseback still has a value of course, but not the same as a genuine LE. If he only bought it a few weeks ago there may still be recourse if there is a problem. Hopefully not though of course.

6. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Jan 24, 2017

indeed!..time to visit an OMEGA for check-up. Hope it is 100% pure :thumbsup:

gee_cee likes this.
  7. abrod520 Jan 24, 2017

If the caseback is numbered, it's most likely genuine. These came from a time when box & papers weren't always kept, and we see many of these older LEs without them.

Pawnguy and Foo2rama like this.
  8. Pawnguy Jan 24, 2017

It's original. Not a doubt in my mind. Guy was a Doctor and bought watch new. Also bought a Speedy non Professional from him and a 007 Seamaster. Watch back is also serial numbered 25**/5441. Love the watch. The Doctor bought watch and wore it and didn't feel he needed the box. Thanks for all your input. It's really appreciated.

gee_cee likes this.