Forums Latest Members

FS Omega Speedmaster LCD, 1977, NOS, very rare model, working perfectly, serviced, B&P

1. Tom Dick and Harry May 6, 2016

Evening all

Recently returned to me from service and intended as a keeper but 6 watches in 4 weeks means Mrs Dick is on the rampage, especially as we have a baby due in three weeks ......... EEEEKKKKK

IMG_1307.JPG

It was a birth year keeper but I have also just picked up a near NOS Birth year 145.022-76 (sold 77) so something needs to give as my collection is swelling and my head will be on the block is something doesn't go.

IMG_1306.JPG

This is one genuinely rare Speedmaster but needs must and I am trying to be really hard on myself to ensure my collection actually gets reduced without selling one and buying two!

so here goes:

IMG_1304.JPG

I think the title speaks for itself, this is one of the rarest Omega Speedmasters every made, an LCD variation Produced in 1977 and made for around 18 months, this example is unworn and a very rare bracelet model, non runners are selling for £400+ now and this is fully functioning and never worn, even had the factory zappon still intact on the case back.

IMG_1305.JPG

The watch movement is correct and original 1620 which is serviced and fully overhauled which included the replacement of the circuit (the original was dead) and is working exactly as it should, including the light (which as you would expect for NOS is very bright), the case has not been touched as it was obviously NOS and as such unworn. There are a few light marks on the case back from storage and possibly someone trying to open the back at some point but nothing that detracts.

IMG_1308.JPG

The watch is presented with a copy of the original Omega instructions and original full size NOS bracelet and the original stamped warranty certificate/ guarantee booklet and original inner and outer box.

Condition:

Case: NOS, only a few light marks from storage

Crystal: NOS a few light marks from storage

Movement: Mint NOS 1620 and functioning correctly, including the light

Case back: NOS including factory coating

Strap: NOS full size bracelet a few light marks from storage

Box and papers: Omega service pouch with hand tag and original instructions

IMG_1303.JPG

The watches movement is cal 1620, not to be confused in any way shape or form with modern LCD movements. This movement has a circa 5 SPM accuracy as a result of a high quality 32Khz quartz resonator. The functions on the watch (which all work as they should) include:

• Time/hour/minutes/seconds and day of week

• 1/100 second chronograph able to accumulate to 0.1 seconds off 24 hrs

• Split second chronograph

• Lap time

• Split/Stop of 2 consecutive times

• Separately power light (working as it should)

• Calendar programmed for leap year

This really is a special watch, there where very few of this type of Omega Speedmaster Professional made and even fewer have survived unworn and functioning correctly, especially in this configuration, in fact this is only the second NOS one I have ever seen (and I owned the other).

IMG_1302.JPG

I am looking for £795 for a quick sale including shipping, payment via BT or Paypal (+4%)

2. sky21 May 6, 2016

GLWS and good luck with the new baby!! How do you have all of these NOS full kit examples? It's really amazing!

Jacquot likes this.
  3. Tom Dick and Harry May 6, 2016

Many many many many hours scouring the world buddy! I don't buy masses but I really like new/ close to new watches, untouched examples or prototypes! Those are very much 'my thing'

4. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids May 8, 2016

What are the dimensions of the case?

5. Tom Dick and Harry May 8, 2016

Its 35/36 mm in diameter 40mm in height and 8mm thick, it wears lovely, can do comparison picks if required against a Speedy 105.003

6. sky21 May 8, 2016

Now that would be a very interesting comparison to see I think.

7. Tom Dick and Harry May 9, 2016

As promised

image.jpeg

ahartfie likes this.