Forums Latest Members

Omega Speedmaster History and Research

1. Paulomega Apr 29, 2017

Although I have owned Omega watches since 1977 and wear them almost everyday, I know very little to nothing about the history of the development and variations of all different models of Speedmaster. I bought Omegas because my dad had one (Constellation), and I like their design but most importantly unlike Rolex Omega attracts less attention from people. In any case I am seriously thinking about purchasing a Speedmaster Professional. I have no knowledge of them - so I am asking your help to guide me to buy certain reference books to read. I know it will take me years to learn and retain only a fraction of the knowledge many of have. By far in my opinion this is the best watch forum I have come across - what makes it the best? YOU :thumbsup::thumbsup:

My heartfelt appreciation to all of you contributors who give away your knowledge to all for free.

If this subject has been already discussed please ignore this post and just point me in that direction.

2. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Apr 29, 2017

Hi Pauomega;

The first place to look is here.

http://speedmaster101.com/

Regular reading of the Forum will glean a lot of information over time.

WurstEver and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  3. tyrantlizardrex Apr 29, 2017

Highly recommend that you get hold of a copy of Moonwatch Only. :thumbsup:

WurstEver, XXoF and noelekal like this.
  4. Paulomega Apr 30, 2017

Thank you everyone. Now I am more dangerous than ever. Getting ready for a major surgery on my wallet :):):)

ahartfie and noelekal like this.