Forums Latest Members
  1. Ktbwatch Mar 18, 2020

Hi Guys,

Mo here from the U.K (Midlands) hope you're all well and keeping safe at times like this.

Over the past few weeks I've had my eyes on an Omega Speedmaster professional moonwatch (sapphire sandwich) I've managed to haggle a 21% discount - whilst reading forums I feel people tend to not discuss prices and I'm not sure why... The watch equates to £3700 (brand new) from the AD on the basis I purchase TODAY. I've called around other AD's who:

1) have said there is no movement at all
    2) have asked me to come in to discuss a discount (not quite possible)
    3) have offered me around a 5-10% discount.

I've been lurking on here for ages and can see some people saying they got 30% off but I've found that impossible :(
    My question is:

1)I it a good price? Or should I hold off?
    2) I'm young(ish) and with today's climate (covid-19 and apparently the market collapsing etc etc etc) would you suggest I hold off for a few more weeks/months as prices will probably get softer.

I look forward to hearing from you guys

TTFN

P.s - is this forum available on Tapatalk? I'm using my phone's browser ATM...

Lots of love.

Mo ::bleh::

2. base615 Mar 18, 2020

21% discount is better than I've ever been able to negotiate, that's for sure. I doubt prices will come down too much from there, if at all, but I honestly have no idea where things are going with current events.

3. padders Oooo subtitles! Mar 18, 2020

Is that from a bricks and mortar AD or via a discounter like Iconic or Chronext? Either way it is a good discount for a new one with full 5 year warranty. You won’t do much better at an AD. Feel free to name the seller if you want, there are no restrictions on discussing sellers or prices here.

You will see some snootiness on forums regarding the sapphire sandwich, there are those who consider it less original in some ways than the plastic crystal Moonwatch, they have a point but but I like them. Mine gets a lot of wear.

Welcome from a fellow midlander.

Edited Mar 18, 2020
    Ktbwatch likes this.
  4. Ktbwatch Mar 18, 2020

Hey! Yep it's from Beaverbroooks I've purchased a 3 Tudors from them as well as my wife's wedding ring & engagement ring too.
    With regards to the sapphire believe me, it took me a long time to decide either hesalite or sapphire but my rationale behind it was that I loved the sapphire case back and when trying it on in London I immediately fell in love with it - although the hesalite is so much cheaper it was a case of buying something I loved.

adibou and base615 like this.
  5. brownwld Mar 18, 2020

21% is decent... :)

Ktbwatch likes this.
  6. Ktbwatch Mar 18, 2020

My spider senses tell me I may have a speedmaster tomorrow... ;)

base615 likes this.
  7. base615 Mar 18, 2020

Welcome to the club (for tomorrow)

IMG_0126.jpg

Ktbwatch likes this.
  8. Ktbwatch Mar 18, 2020

Although, when trying on I wasn't very keen on the bracelet I may just wear this on a NATO. What size NATO would I be looking at 20mm? I'm thinking a nice pink one for the summer and my favourite colour Green in the winter... Any NATO pics?

9. base615 Mar 18, 2020

20mm NATO. Don’t own one as I hate the way it makes the watch sit off my (fairly small) wrist. I usually have it on a leather strap, mesh bracelet or I have an 1171 on my Mitsukoshi version. Much better option as it’s lighter and less chunky.

B68C0172-2230-4017-8FED-B1CD496277BA.jpeg

Ktbwatch likes this.
  10. Ktbwatch Mar 18, 2020

Order placed had the choice of 15% and a free watch winder or 21% off went for the latter.

adibou likes this.
  11. base615 Mar 18, 2020

Good choice. What use is a watch winder with a manual wind chronograph? Good choice on the watch too. Congrats.

12. Ktbwatch Mar 18, 2020

I too laughed at this however, AD has dealt with me before and said I could use for my other watches. I'll ring her up in a few weeks and ask nicely if I can have the wolf winder - if you don't ask you don't get hey?

I had the choice of picking up today or delivery for tomorrow. I'm not prepared to visit the town centre for obvious reasons (if anyone is reading this in 100 years time Google Covid 19) watch will be her tomorrow - excited!!

13. adibou Mar 19, 2020

Enjoy mate!

14. Canuck Mar 19, 2020

The virus can exist on stainless steel for up to 24 hours! Don’t be in a hurry once you get it! ;)