Forums Latest Members

Omega Speedmaster, Eagle Scout and Astronaut

1. Otee453 Feb 19, 2019

Thought it was cool so I’d share. Maybe a member on this forum....

I am on a private group for Eagle Scouts on Facebook. On it, someone posted a couple pics of Eagle Scout and former astronaut Jim Lovell signing what looked like would interest both Omega enthusiasts and space geeks. The post appears to be someone getting his personal item signed (not a sale item best I could tell). The other signatures are apparently other space program people.
    (photos are not mine, and are cut and paste from FB)

Out of courtesy to the owner of the photos, I have removed them until he/she acknowledges it is ok to share.

Edited Feb 20, 2019
    superfly likes this.
  2. gdupree Feb 19, 2019

Not sure how kosher it is to post others photos without permission, but that is the sig’s of Lovell, Fred Haise, and flight director Gerry Griffin. A very nice keepsake from some great men.

I don’t have a lot of astronaut signatures, but I have one of Fred on the wall of my office that I got when I was about 12 years old. His words of encouragement still help me out and it’s a nice reminder.

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. Otee453 Feb 19, 2019

You might be right. Should I erase the post? I want to be respectful.

4. gdupree Feb 19, 2019

Eh, I don’t know! That’s above my pay grade. wasn’t trying to give you shit. Just a mention. It’s certainly cool, and relevant... you should invite this person around here. Probably a strong chance they already are members here actually. Cheers.

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 19, 2019

Which box is that?

6. madjestikmoose Can’t bat, can’t bowl Feb 20, 2019

I know these photos and their owner from a different group on FB. Want me to ask if he's happy for them to be shared on here?!

@Foo2rama - it's from the Snoopy 45th Apollo XIII LE.

Foo2rama likes this.
  7. Otee453 Feb 20, 2019

Sure. I have removed the photos out of courtesy for now. I just thought since the photos were shared publicly on FB, sharing them here would be an acknowledgement to the owner that his post was cool. No disrespect was ever intended.

8. Vitezi Feb 20, 2019

Our very own @Mad Dog is also a fellow Eagle Scout and Speedy owner :thumbsup:

9. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Feb 20, 2019

Yes and a Legend in his own mind...

madjestikmoose likes this.
  10. TLIGuy Feb 20, 2019

It is @silversnopy13 that has the great collection of signed Speedmaster watch boxes and has shared many of them here before.

madjestikmoose likes this.
  11. silversnopy13 Feb 20, 2019

I will gladly share the photos from Facebook. I put them in the post under Apollo 13 Astronaut Jim Lovell signing Silver Snoopy watch box. I will also add the photos in this thread.

Edited Feb 20, 2019
  12. silversnopy13 Feb 20, 2019

Apollo 13 astronaut Jim Lovell signed my Omega Apollo 13 45th anniversary Silver Snoopy watch box. This was at a private signing at Novaspace.com in Tucson Arizona. The Silver Snoopy box is also signed by Apollo 13 astronaut Fred Haise and NASA Gold Flight Director Gerry Griffin whose team helped to bring home the Apollo 13 crew. Jim loves to ham it up for the camera. IMG_5997.JPG IMG_5999.JPG